Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do your kids wake each other up?

I am at a loss of what to do with DD...

She cries a lot at night (teething and separation anxiety stuff) and I am so tired of worrying about waking the neighbors...they are attached to our house (condo) on the side of the house where DDs room is.

I was *thinking* of moving her crib to DSs room but then I worry about her waking him up too..and I am not sure what to do...

If we moved her to his room they could get on the same schedule. I could also sleep with her on the futon in his room if I needed if she was too unruly.

Any suggestions I am just at a loss...she is 8 months he is 2.5.

Advertisement

Old 01-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do your kids wake each other up?

DD#2 (almost 2 yrs old) sleeps in the room w/ us, wakes up about once a night and goes right back to sleep. DD#1 slept in the room w/ us until she was 3.5 yrs old and decided she wanted to sleep in the big bed in her own room.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
BeckyP
Registered Users
seller

Yep they wake each other every morning sometimes if one is sick in the night they will wake the other then too. I guess it just comes with owning a small home. Sorry I have no advice.
BeckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #4
mommyfrog
Registered Users

If I read it right, she has a room by the shared wall and he has a room on the other side of the house. Can they just trade rooms? If I read it wrong, ignore the silly question!! That said, my kids always shared rooms before we moved to our current house. They woke each other up sometimes, but are mostly heavy sleepers and didn't. I'm not sure if they are heavy sleepers because they've learned to sleep through stuff or if they sleep through stuff because they are heavy sleepers. KWIM? Either way we've just dealt with it. It's part of life. Now they each have their own rooms and sleep in each other's room anyway, when ever they can.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
jebb4
Registered Users

Can they just trade rooms?

If you're worried about her waking the neighbors, I'm sure she'd wake your son if they were sharing a room.

My little ones share a room. My son NEVER wakes in the night and he is a very heavy sleeper so if Reagan wakes up he isnt disturbed. In the morning however, they do wake each other up.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:37 PM   #6
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebb4 View Post
Can they just trade rooms?

If you're worried about her waking the neighbors, I'm sure she'd wake your son if they were sharing a room.

My little ones share a room. My son NEVER wakes in the night and he is a very heavy sleeper so if Reagan wakes up he isnt disturbed. In the morning however, they do wake each other up.
Unfortunatly they cant trade rooms. The room she is in now also houses all the computers and is not toddler friendly at all. It has all the networking for the whole house routed up there so we cant just moved that too.

The only benefit to moving her is that I should be able to fit the futon that is an "extra" bed in his room into the room she is in now so if she is too unruly I can take her in there and sleep with her...
Old 01-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #7
icanonlyimagine
Theres a Scent for that!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

my girls share a room, and the baby is a very light sleeper so when the 4 yr old wakes up so does she... however it is a lot less now that I put the humidifyer in there. the noise, and/or the humidity is a LOT of help!! I have waterproof mattress pads on the 4 yr old's bed (just in case) and they are very loud... actually there a couple so I may take the noisy one off but she tosses and turns like a crazy person!!! and that wakes the baby a lot, now with the humidifyer, she wakes a LOT less. it went from 3-4 times a night to 0-1
Old 01-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
MacMama
Registered Users
Formerly: PaisleyandLaylasmommy
seller

My Mood:

My older DD sometimes wakes my younger, but not the other way around. My 3 yo sleeps like a rock. I have a noisy air purifier in their room too. The only way to really know is to give it a shot for a few nights. GL mama!
Heather; wife to my love Jacob, lucky mama of Layla (9), Paisley (7), Thatcher (almost 5) and my nursling, Koa (9/4/12). Creator of Hand-stamped jewelry, custom teething necklaces and accessories by Avery Rayne Designs
MacMama is offline   Reply With Quote