Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #11
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Children Before Marriage

I got pregnant with DS1 when I was 21. I broke up with sperm donor when I was 7 months along. Got sick of his crap and drugs. I married DH when DS was 7. We started TTCing before marriage and had losses during that time. We were married before our 3 sons came along.

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #12
Kaylazo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by L J
I didn't marry my oldest's dad. My youngest's dad, who I often refer to as my ex husband, and I never actually got married, either, but we live in a common law state and claimed our status as married for several years. Our split was less complicated than a full blown divorce, but more complicated than just a break up. I am getting married, for the first time for real, in 27 days! This one will last a lifetime; I have made the wrong decision often enough to know that this one is exactly right.
Congrats! Wishing you the best.
Kaylazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #13
Kaylazo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks everyone. I'm really curious. So many people have insinuated "the odds are against us" kind of things. My boyfriend and I will have only been together 2 years this December and our son was one month old yesterday. Before him I was with someone for 6 years and it was an absolute mess compared to my relationship now. My boyfriend is absolutely wonderful and completely makes me want to be a better person and that's what I love most about him. Our son was a compete "oops" and while we both love him I just hope having a child so soon doesn't tear us apart. But in the end I keep telling myself if myself and him can't get through hard times then we shouldn't be together anyways. I'd like to get married someday. He asked if I wanted to when I found out I was pregnant but I don't want to be married because of our son. I would like to be asked without considering our son in the sense that he should marry me kind of thing. He talks about getting married when our son is one or two years old. And it is just a piece of paper but I'd love to have the same last name as my son and by my SO's wife someday, it'd be an honor.

Thanks for all your stories! Love them.

Also here's my DS yesterday!

Last edited by Kaylazo; 10-05-2013 at 03:59 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #14
PrettyinPink89
Registered Users

My Mood:

He is beautiful, Mama! Best Wishes to you and your partner .
PrettyinPink89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #15
Kaylazo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyinPink89
He is beautiful, Mama! Best Wishes to you and your partner .
Thank you thank you!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #16
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Odds were against dh and I but we have been married for 6 yrs and have 4 kids. He is my soul mate and wouldn't want life without him. We knew we wanted to be married but started trying for children before getting married. We went to court and got married one random Thursday. I highly highly recommend the no frills approach!

And just adding we were together a very very short time before ttc

Last edited by dagmomma; 09-30-2013 at 07:04 PM.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #17
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Not sure if you are young or not but I have a few friends that all got pregnant in their late teens/early twenties and ended marrying the father years later. Odds are just odds they don't mean anything to an individual.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #18
Kaylazo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
Odds were against dh and I but we have been married for 6 yrs and have 4 kids. He is my soul mate and wouldn't want life without him. We knew we wanted to be married but started trying for children before getting married. We went to court and got married one random Thursday. I highly highly recommend the no frills approach!

And just adding we were together a very very short time before ttc
Thanks for sharing! If we did get married I would love a super, and I mean SUPER small ceremony or party with very few people. Love your story though.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #19
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ex and I were married when ds1 was conceived and born, but I left him right after. I was a single mom when I met DH, and then we got pg with ds2. We got engaged when I was about 6m pregnant and married the following summer
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #20
Kaylazo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by umphreysmommy
Not sure if you are young or not but I have a few friends that all got pregnant in their late teens/early twenties and ended marrying the father years later. Odds are just odds they don't mean anything to an individual.
Thanks, that makes me feel better (even though you're right- every one is an individual so "odds" shouldn't really matter). I'm 22 and my SO is 26.