Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
SevenFinns
Registered Users
Formerly: rebshields
seller

Moving to Austin, TX and need advice!

UPDATED location:

We're relocating in August to Austin, and we don't know anything about it. I know I can google away, but it isn't the same as getting information from people who actually live there!

I have a 1 1/2 year old and a 3 1/2 year old, both boys. My husband will be in grad school at UT, and we've found the perfect preschool for our son--The Discovery School on White Cliff Dr. in NW Austin. MAP

What areas are close to UT and The Discovery School in NW Austin and not loud, college party areas? We're willing to drive a little bit, and if we have to drive, we'd prefer to be close to outdoor living areas--hiking, parks, etc. We usually live in single family homes, but we would consider townhomes too. Price range is important. We are budgeting $1600 for a 3 bdrm if that is possible.

Does anyone have a preferred yoga studio? I've practiced Iyengar and Jivamukti yoga with some Power Yoga as well. I'm open to styles that are challenging and love instructors who are willing to correct form by moving your body (unusual, it seems). I don't want anything to do with hot yoga.

Does anyone participate in CSAs or have preferred farmers' markets or semi-organic grocery stores that are more affordable that Whole Foods?

What are your favorite things to do around Austin with your kids?

Last edited by SevenFinns; 03-13-2012 at 07:48 PM.
SevenFinns is offline   Reply With Quote