Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2009, 09:52 PM   #11
samie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Your fav OS AIO/AI2?

We love our BG OC Snap AIOs. We've been using them since DD was a month old and have never had a leak or blow out.

Advertisement

We also and
samie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:24 PM   #12
**tonks**
Registered Users

Yay! i'm glad to see so many respos to this!!

Is anyone using the BG OS AIO with a toddler? How's the rise holding up? Anyone know how they compare with a regular BG OS pocket?
Old 08-14-2009, 11:37 PM   #13
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodakwonder View Post
oh, *TONKS*, often time you'll find cloth dipes cheaper in other countries (europe, mid east, se asia) apparently (where disposables are not as common as us American consume so heavily of). I just talked to friends from Malaysia that say they are $2 there. Bum Genius, which are made in Egypt, I hear are considerably cheaper there (I lived there, but I don't know what the costs were for baby things). Check your "local" expat community where you will be living.
Hm... I wonder what diapers your friend was talking about... I've been living in Malaysia for 6 years. You can find flats (bleached only) for pretty cheap, but they don't last long... and you can find velcro diaper covers for kind of cheap, but the velcro wears out in a few months and the legs ALWAYS leak. If you want good quality diapers here there are quite a few retailers who sell diapers that are imported, but of course because of import taxes, etc. they are more expensive than if you buy from the source directly... which is why when I visit the US in a couple months I'm bringing diapers back with me!!!!!!!!
QHoneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:43 PM   #14
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been using Gro Baby for several months now for my daughter (for naps and night only, she's potty trained otherwise). I love them sooooooo much better than pockets!!!
I do love the look of the BG one size organics, BUT they are of course more expensive because you can't re-use the shell like you can with the Gro Baby. So Gro Baby is definitely more economical! It's also really easy to adjust the absorbancy. We -used- to have leaking problems, but once I figured out I just needed to add a booster no more leaks, even for 12 or 13 hour nights! For naps I use the soaker plus one booster (she doesn't always need the booster for naps, but sometimes she does, so I put it). For nights she needs 2 boosters. Even with 2 boosters it's more trim than my pocket diapers were! And no repelling leaks!! I love that!!!!!
The velcro is very soft, no need to worry about it scratching baby, and they fit from pretty little according to pictures I've seen (I just bought them a few months ago and my daughter is 28 months, 27 pounds) The velcro is pretty easy to undo, though, so I will only buy snap ones from now on (they are coming out with snap ones in colors and patterns in the new year)
QHoneyB is offline   Reply With Quote