Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
SweetKendall
Registered Users

My Mood:
Nipple pain after almost 6 months

The title sums it up pretty well. I'm having nipple pain more on the left than on the right but the right is uncomfortable too sometimes. DD is teething something fierce this week and it seems that her latch is a bit off because of it. The left nipple has been uncomfortable for a few weeks on and off but now it HURTS mostly while she is nursing but occasionally between nursing sessions too.

I know I've let her get a little sloppy with her latch and will work on that but what else might it be? She often seems really uncomfortable nursing on that side too and I have no idea if it's slower let down or lower supply or what. Oh, and when I pump (I'm a milk donor so I pump twice a day) the left side gets sore way before the right and I often have to stop pumping that side which I know doesn't help if it is a supply issue. Thoughts/advice/suggestions?

Advertisement

Baby number two finally due Feb 2016
SweetKendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
ThreadsThatBind
Registered Users
Formerly: Lucy'sMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nipple pain after almost 6 months

thrush?
Old 06-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
loving my family
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Nipple pain after almost 6 months

Well to try to give you a better answer I have to ask a few questions.

Is it a shooting pain like down the side on a half the breast or nipple or is it both?
Cause if it is shooting & only on the nipple or stinging I would think it could be a few clogged milk ducts right at the nipple. I would apply a warm cloth before feeding or expressing.

If it is pain on breast & down it could be mastitis it usually makes breast red & hot & a firm spot where it is affecting it, but not always sometimes just pain. If you thinks its that call your Dr. They will get you an antibiotic that is safe for baby sense you are nursing.
I hope this helps & you feel better soon
loving my family is offline   Reply With Quote