Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2018, 11:19 AM   #21
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Planner Talk...

That does sound perfect. What is the original notebook called?

Advertisement

Old 08-02-2018, 07:19 AM   #22
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

I'm seeing lots of chatter about The Well Planned Day. Anyone use it?
MamaChirpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:33 AM   #23
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have heard great things about a well planned day but have no personal experience.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 06:02 AM   #24
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I looked at it and I liked the concept. It was a way to plan your day around specific goals. I'll try and share a screen grab.
Old 08-05-2018, 12:07 PM   #25
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

https://youtu.be/aIhSt7ZelXo

Here is a short video about it.

I like the concept but it is too big and again with the rings. I know rings make it lay flat it tends to catch on everything.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2018, 01:46 PM   #26
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

So....I haven't had a planner since college but it seems like with homeschooling I just have to (probably should have all along). I picked this one up at walmart. It isn't fancy but I really like it. I don't know what y'all look for in a planner but if it gets much more involved than this it stresses me out.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:12 PM   #27
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLlama View Post
So....I haven't had a planner since college but it seems like with homeschooling I just have to (probably should have all along). I picked this one up at walmart. It isn't fancy but I really like it. I don't know what y'all look for in a planner but if it gets much more involved than this it stresses me out.
It can be really involved and some people use it like a creative outlet like scrapbooking. I don't have time for that but I will throw a sticker in if it's included with the planned I get.

I didn't even thinking to check out Walmart. One year I got a great planner at Job Lots which I really liked.

I just need a central location for life organization that can fit in my bag.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:13 PM   #28
akclimbergirl
Registered Users

I use this one. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mintgreen...nner/449268500

I really like it. It's kind of designed as a student planner in that it has a schedule listing page and runs July through June, but I don't mind. One of my favorite things is that it has the month at a glance followed by a note page and then a two-page spread for each week of the month. I've had a hard time finding smaller planners that have the full note pages. I love that note page for doing my goals for the month. It's a two-note page spread, one that's lines and one that's bullet journal style. I don't use the bullet journal page much, but it occasionally is helpful for sketching something out.

It also has several note pages in the back and handy stuff like a contacts list, maps, equivalents (1 T. Equals 3 tsp. Etc.) and conversion tables. I had this one last year, and I bought it again this year.

I taped a piece of a Manila folder to the inside cover, so I now have a handy pocket to tuck things like stamps and whatever else into.

I use the month view to mark quick things. Like an asterisk means an event, a bowl means I'm bringing a dish, etc. And then I mark big stuff like travel. Then I can glance, see I have something and then flip to the week view to see the details.
akclimbergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:59 PM   #29
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by akclimbergirl View Post
I use this one. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mintgreen...nner/449268500

I really like it. It's kind of designed as a student planner in that it has a schedule listing page and runs July through June, but I don't mind. One of my favorite things is that it has the month at a glance followed by a note page and then a two-page spread for each week of the month. I've had a hard time finding smaller planners that have the full note pages. I love that note page for doing my goals for the month. It's a two-note page spread, one that's lines and one that's bullet journal style. I don't use the bullet journal page much, but it occasionally is helpful for sketching something out.

It also has several note pages in the back and handy stuff like a contacts list, maps, equivalents (1 T. Equals 3 tsp. Etc.) and conversion tables. I had this one last year, and I bought it again this year.

I taped a piece of a Manila folder to the inside cover, so I now have a handy pocket to tuck things like stamps and whatever else into.

I use the month view to mark quick things. Like an asterisk means an event, a bowl means I'm bringing a dish, etc. And then I mark big stuff like travel. Then I can glance, see I have something and then flip to the week view to see the details.
The things you listed are what I look for. I like the way you modified it too.

I'm going to look at it when I'm in Walmart for next year.

I'm finding that the planner I got is a bit heavier than I wanted but I'm going to stick with it since it is actually working with my organization.

I'm keeping a monthly expenses page and each month has a full sheet I can use for that.