Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2017, 08:39 AM   #21
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need help - food for work party?

I loved cornbread. (Sweetened but not much) Then I had to go off the corn.

What did op end up bringing?

Advertisement

Old 12-10-2017, 07:57 AM   #22
SharedTheJourney
Registered Users

My Mood:

Seriously...I would like to exchange recipes with the person that thought up the grape jelly in the meatballs for dinner recipe. lol. I picture this happened when the jelly got knocked over into the crockpot by kids running around in the kitchen! lol. I have made some kitchen "creations", that...well, they do sound much like this jelly in the meatballs recipe, like when I oversalted the pot of beans and did not have a potato to stick into the pot to absorb the salt...only had an apple. Never lived that one down. But, it does sound like this was a success to the cook! Very funny though.
SharedTheJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:56 PM   #23
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharedTheJourney View Post
Seriously...I would like to exchange recipes with the person that thought up the grape jelly in the meatballs for dinner recipe. lol. I picture this happened when the jelly got knocked over into the crockpot by kids running around in the kitchen! lol. I have made some kitchen "creations", that...well, they do sound much like this jelly in the meatballs recipe, like when I oversalted the pot of beans and did not have a potato to stick into the pot to absorb the salt...only had an apple. Never lived that one down. But, it does sound like this was a success to the cook! Very funny though.
I always wonder about these creations that people come up with. What the original inspiration was and who thought to remember it and try again if it was a mistake.

I remember reading in a magazine about a Chinese cooking tour. A bunch of people paid to go to China to learn how to cook. Turns out the secret ingredient in the recipes they chose to share was ketchup, always ketchup.