Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2008, 08:14 AM   #1
catalina76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This is really bugging me, I have to know.... why fitted?

I love my pocket diapers and I was wondering why some of you adore fitted diapers?

They have great designs and all.... but you have to hide t hem under a cover.... so I dont see the point of having designs.

Please please make me understand your love for those diapers.

Thanks!

Advertisement

catalina76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
peytons mommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: This is really bugging me, I have to know.... why fitted?

I love designs because we go coverless most of the time for a healthier bum-next best thing to nothing at all. But she wears dresses and leg warmers. Pockets are great though if they have to wear pants.
peytons mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:56 AM   #3
iammommyof5
Registered Users

I like fitteds and wool ...don't like pul or stuffing a pocket
iammommyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:05 PM   #4
babydoll101
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used to be a pocket person. The I got sick of stuffing and I also don't like the drying time with an AIO. I love fitteds and wool. So does my lo
babydoll101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #5
CDNMommyofmany
Registered Users
Formerly: CDN Mama of 4_08
seller
seller

Funny, I was wondering the same thing! When I first started cd'ing in June, I got some KLO's as part of my first stash-I loved these, so soft and cuddly on my little preemie, but I hated covering them up-and they took forever to dry, so we didn't keep them for long. I know use pockets only (bg's baby kangas), and love them, yes the stuffing can be a bit of a pain, but I got myself into the routine of stuffing them right when they are done drying so they are all ready to go when I need them. It only takes about 5 minutes and no different than sorting socks in my normal laundry! I still like the idea of fitteds, but to me they cost so much more by the time you factor in the diaper and then the cover you are looking at $20 each plus, whereas with a pocket, you can get the diaper and insert for $10-15, it's alot cheaper to use pockets and they dry quick cause there's no stuffing!
Proud Stay-at-home-mama to 6 (including 4 preemies 29-35 weeks); who enjoys reading, homeschooling/unschooling and trying to make everyday as stress-free as possible for my 2 precious sons with Autism
CDNMommyofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:29 PM   #6
ttachuk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started with pockets, but now am a fan of fitteds. I found that they seem more absorbent without as much bulk. We also seemed to get stink issues from hemp and microfleece, so I like to stay away from those materials.

I tend to use either wool or fleece pants, so I rarely reach for our PUL covers (I only have 3 covers). I knit my own wool (not as fancy as the longies you see on Hyena Cart or diaperswappers, but a lot cheaper), and also recycle a lot of wool and fleece sweaters from thrift stores. So I can pretty much get a diaper and pants for $13 plus $3-6 (thrift shop sweater) or $8-14 (yarn). Also, my son is really skinny, but tall so I can custom make pants to fit him. I don't buy any of the high demand fitteds (Goodmammas, etc) because I can't justify the cost just to catch pee or poo.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:16 AM   #7
butterfly_mommy
Registered Users
seller

I have an assortment of Dipes, I just got two fitteds (Nana's Bottoms) and they are super cute. I like them under wool, or with nothing over them around the house. Also I figure even if you have to cover them you get to look at them and take in there cuteness while doing a diaper change and washing them. It is like fancy panties and bras, they are not seen very often by others but you know they are there and it makes you feel nice
butterfly_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #8
lamcred
Registered Users

My first cloth diapers were AIO Kushies, I thought I loved them. Then I discovered fleece & wool covers. I started makeing fitted diapers and I LOVE them.
lamcred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:08 PM   #9
Bridym
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use to LOVE pockets a great deal but with my daughter I found I had way more leaks with pockets than fitteds.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:28 AM   #10
huntingflower
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a good mixture of both types and I love fitteds for him to go around the house coverless. Also great in the summer outside. He is only 8 months and not walking but he doesn't leave a mess or anything. I just keep an eye on the dipe and when it is damp to the touch I change him.

Also if he does have a cover on (fleece or wool) it doesn't leak like pockets tend to do at times.

huntingflower is offline   Reply With Quote