Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
-turtle-
Registered Users

My Mood:
rash on bottom...worried about yeast

We use sposies at night. I took off DS's night time sposie diaper and his bum was clear.
I put a BG 4.0 on him. About two and half hours later I went to change his diaper. His bum was a little red and had a raised rash on it. It was pretty much just on his bum cheeks where the diaper was. So I put him back in a sposie.
I'm scared of DS getting a yeast rash (not really sure why??). And now I'm scared to put him back in a CD because I don't want it to get that way again or get worse.
I bleached my last load of diapers (the one he had on was in this load). Could it be because I didn't rinse the diapers good enough? Even though I thought I did? Our wash routine works wonderful for us. And when I add bleach I rinse the heck out of them.
I just checked his bum and it isn't red anymore but the rash is still there a bit.
Any advice/thoughts y'all have will be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!

Advertisement

-turtle- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
loveReese2pieces
Registered Users
seller

Re: rash on bottom...worried about yeast

We just had issue with both of these things! (a bleach reaction and a yeast rash!)...First off look up yeast diaper rash on a reliable site and read a description and see if you think that it is it: DD's looked like an angry red raised pimply kind of rash that was in patches. It felt really bumpy too. I bought some Clotrimazole OTC cream (which is an anti-fungal) and after about 2 days of using it at every change (we used sposies for a few days because I didn't want to chance it getting in the CD's and didn't want to deal with liners) it looked a lot better. After four days you can't see it anymore but I am still putting it on at night for the next week just to be safe. And be sure not to use cornstarch baby powder because it somehow feeds the yeast. Regular talc is fine because it will help keep everything dry which will help get rid of the yeast.
Now, the bleach reaction looked like a burn and she hadn't even peed in the diaper so I KNEW it was from the bleach as DD is so very sensitive to any chemical touching her skin. It took me a very long time to find laundry soap she wouldn't react to. When I bleach I usually put it in the pre-soak then do 2 washes with detergent and then like three rinses- ridiculous yes but I don't want chemical burn on my DD's bum! Hope this helps mama! I know how you feel because I am fairly new to CD'ing and it is so scary to not be sure of what you are doing~ good luck!
loveReese2pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I recently had that problem as well but it got
Worse when I put disposables on him. You can try two things, use disposables and put some of the cream the pp just said or use the cloth and put a liner with cream on lo bottom. My little guy was better within the day using the second option but I know his was not because of the diaper but because of the diarrhea he was having at the time. I hope it gets better!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeast looks almost like little pimples, sensitivity rashes (at least on my children) look just red. That being said yeast isn't that scary, if you get it just treat it with something (we use coconut oil or CJ's yeast cream) and throw some bleach in the diaper washing,
Old 09-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #5
savvinest
Registered Users
seller

Best article on yeast I have seen:
http://pinstripesandpolkadots.com/YeastvsCloth.htm

savvinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #6
-turtle-
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks y'all! I am rewashing all of his diapers just to be sure..you never know. But his bottom looks like nothing was there. I have kept him in sposies all day and have been putting Butt Paste on him at every change. If it was yeast it would be getting worse not better right?
-turtle- is offline   Reply With Quote