Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2017, 08:57 AM   #11
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Re: School Supplies 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
This weekend is tax free weekend here but I don't even have a school supply list for DS1 so I have no idea what to be getting. I thought about going to buy most of the same kind of stuff he needed last year then just keeping them in a bag with the receipt together then returning what we don't need once he starts school. Is that wrong of me?
That's what I would do. It isn't wrong - as long as you haven't damaged/used/unpackaged anything they can resell it and they aren't out anything. DH hates clothes shopping, so I often go out and buy him like 8 pairs of pants fully intending to return 4 of them when he says no way would he wear them. This is why stores have great return policies and then you get to use the tax-free weekend

Advertisement

Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:09 AM   #12
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Tax free weekend here too but I am only planning on buying crayons and markers, I wait for everything else to go on sale after labor day. I was looking at target the other day and it just didn't seem like they had great deals this year.
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #13
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
This weekend is tax free weekend here but I don't even have a school supply list for DS1 so I have no idea what to be getting. I thought about going to buy most of the same kind of stuff he needed last year then just keeping them in a bag with the receipt together then returning what we don't need once he starts school. Is that wrong of me?
I don't see an issue. If he doesn't need it he doesn't need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
That's what I would do. It isn't wrong - as long as you haven't damaged/used/unpackaged anything they can resell it and they aren't out anything. DH hates clothes shopping, so I often go out and buy him like 8 pairs of pants fully intending to return 4 of them when he says no way would he wear them. This is why stores have great return policies and then you get to use the tax-free weekend

I have to actually take my kid in this year to try on. He's had a huge growth spurt and is all arms and legs. He's picky so I expect an exhausting shopping trip. I'm tempted to mention it to my mother. She loves shopping and thinks buying is how you love grandchildren so I think she'd drag him to the sort and stock him up with pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
Tax free weekend here too but I am only planning on buying crayons and markers, I wait for everything else to go on sale after labor day. I was looking at target the other day and it just didn't seem like they had great deals this year.
I haven't seen any epic deals either.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:55 AM   #14
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Tax free weekend here too! We STILL can't go out because of the spots, but I made an order at kohls this morning for some of our fall stuff. I got quite a bit of stuff knocked out for a great price--20% of coupon, $10 off coupon, free shipping, no tax + I got some kohls cash which is awesome because we still have quite a bit to buy.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 05:12 PM   #15
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Tax free weekend here too! We STILL can't go out because of the spots, but I made an order at kohls this morning for some of our fall stuff. I got quite a bit of stuff knocked out for a great price--20% of coupon, $10 off coupon, free shipping, no tax + I got some kohls cash which is awesome because we still have quite a bit to buy.
I love stacking coupons. No Kohls here or I'd be trying to get deals like you guys always post.

I finally looked at my JCP coupons and have a few 10 of 25. We went in and they only had one pair of pants that would work for ds. The men sizes were cut too big and I found one boys 20 which worked. Then there was a cool hat so basically paid $15 for pants/hat. Not the greatest but the hat made his eyes light up. Still need more pants.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:32 PM   #16
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
I love stacking coupons. No Kohls here or I'd be trying to get deals like you guys always post.

I finally looked at my JCP coupons and have a few 10 of 25. We went in and they only had one pair of pants that would work for ds. The men sizes were cut too big and I found one boys 20 which worked. Then there was a cool hat so basically paid $15 for pants/hat. Not the greatest but the hat made his eyes light up. Still need more pants.
That was online. Anything besides Wal-Mart and a local grocery store is an hour away from me. Kohls let's you use up to four coupons per order online. They have one for free shipping, 30% off and $10 off $50 right now. Plus I split my order into a few smaller orders to use the $10 off coupon multiple times. I would just *barely* hit $50 so I could still get kohls cash.

DH only worked half day today so when he got home I went to Wal-Mart and got our basic crayon/notebook/glue type supplies.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:18 PM   #17
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
That was online. Anything besides Wal-Mart and a local grocery store is an hour away from me. Kohls let's you use up to four coupons per order online. They have one for free shipping, 30% off and $10 off $50 right now. Plus I split my order into a few smaller orders to use the $10 off coupon multiple times. I would just *barely* hit $50 so I could still get kohls cash.

DH only worked half day today so when he got home I went to Wal-Mart and got our basic crayon/notebook/glue type supplies.
I'm going to have to check them for pants online.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:43 PM   #18
drabekgirl
Registered Users

Bought my guys each a 2nd pair of shoes and #2 a pair of jeans because his older brother is skinnier and taller than him. Today the getting #2 to try on a pair of jeans was a fight I do NOT want to have again. He hates the confines of jeans and would rather wear an elastic waist but dh wants him to start to look nicer, so thus the need of a pair of jeans. He thinks he can fit into his brother's pants but I know their is a 2 inch size difference (both in the legs and waist) between them.

Their school supplies themselves came from Amazon in a middle school - college package and otherwise they will reuse what they still have left from past years. Why buy new when they use 10 pages of the notebook.

Still to do, find our optical insurance card and get them in for their eye exams.