Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2017, 05:16 PM   #141
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weekly chat- August 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
5 weeks today!

Wow!! Can't be. Time goes way to fast ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Old 08-12-2017, 05:17 PM   #142
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

I love the quilt, Kelley! What a find.

BXRB - Congrats to your daughter, what a special event.

kmrotski -
For pancakes, I always use the Joy of Cooking recipe:

If I don't have butter milk, I put 1 tbs lemon juice or vinegar in my liquid measurer, then pour in the milk up to the line I need. You're supposed to let it sit a minute before you add it to your recipe.
Also, I never use cake flour, just regular kind, and add more flour or milk until it's the consistency that I like.

Some sweet friends threw me a baby shower (sprinkle) today, and I now have tons of baby clothes. One friend brought a big gift bag of nb/0-3 month hand me downs -- baby girl is going to be dressed to the nines. When I got home I got out my thank you cards, as in the past I've been bad about getting them done and sent. Well in one of the boxes I found a bunch of sealed addressed thank you cards from DS's baby shower 3 years ago. Um, I feel really bad. This time I will do better.

Also, my family will be home in just over an hour! I'm so excited. I need some 3 year old snuggles. Though last time we had a homecoming, I said I had missed him so much and he told me that he wanted a grape fruit snack. So much love.
apeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:18 PM   #143
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Love these colors. I love babyish colors more, but this is a nice change.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:53 AM   #144
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Good morning to people I actually want to talk to!

I am trying to be calm and mature but my feelings are hurt and I'm fighting against having a pity party. DH and I had an intense moment of fellowship over his (insert your favorite derogatory term here) father coming today.

I hate FIL. I know I'm not supposed to hate people but dear goodness it's hard for me not to hate him.

Anyway... now instead of catching up on projects and spending the day together, I get to hide in my bedroom nursing and listening to a big blow hard talking about how great he is. YAY.

Meanwhile, my mom came over yesterday and we got my house scrubbed down. Complete with floor mopping!!! I was feeling great physically and mentally. And then I laid awake all night ticked off because DH had a stupid "oh I love my daddy" moment. Wah, wah, WAH.

Morgan is two weeks old! And we weighed him last night and he has gained 14 ounces since Monday. I checked and checked again. I can't believe it.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:02 PM   #145
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeeling View Post
I love the quilt, Kelley! What a find.

BXRB - Congrats to your daughter, what a special event.

kmrotski -
For pancakes, I always use the Joy of Cooking recipe:

If I don't have butter milk, I put 1 tbs lemon juice or vinegar in my liquid measurer, then pour in the milk up to the line I need. You're supposed to let it sit a minute before you add it to your recipe.
Also, I never use cake flour, just regular kind, and add more flour or milk until it's the consistency that I like.

Some sweet friends threw me a baby shower (sprinkle) today, and I now have tons of baby clothes. One friend brought a big gift bag of nb/0-3 month hand me downs -- baby girl is going to be dressed to the nines. When I got home I got out my thank you cards, as in the past I've been bad about getting them done and sent. Well in one of the boxes I found a bunch of sealed addressed thank you cards from DS's baby shower 3 years ago. Um, I feel really bad. This time I will do better.

Also, my family will be home in just over an hour! I'm so excited. I need some 3 year old snuggles. Though last time we had a homecoming, I said I had missed him so much and he told me that he wanted a grape fruit snack. So much love.
Ugh that is a nightmare! Thank you notes are a job to write, and to think that you wrote but didn't send them would just make me sick!
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:02 PM   #146
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post

I am trying to be calm and mature but my feelings are hurt and I'm fighting against having a pity party. DH and I had an intense moment of fellowship over his (insert your favorite derogatory term here) father coming today.

I hate FIL. I know I'm not supposed to hate people but dear goodness it's hard for me not to hate him.

Anyway... now instead of catching up on projects and spending the day together, I get to hide in my bedroom nursing and listening to a big blow hard talking about how great he is. YAY.

Meanwhile, my mom came over yesterday and we got my house scrubbed down. Complete with floor mopping!!! I was feeling great physically and mentally. And then I laid awake all night ticked off because DH had a stupid "oh I love my daddy" moment. Wah, wah, WAH.

Morgan is two weeks old! And we weighed him last night and he has gained 14 ounces since Monday. I checked and checked again. I can't believe it.
Eww. But now you have an excuse to shop online all day...
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:09 PM   #147
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Chirpy- I feel for you I guess while your locked in your room you can update the diaper bag thread with pics up your new bags

I'm trying the clean the kitchen and it's not going well. As my 16 yr old DS is clean fish in here. I need a big stay home and clean the house day. It needs scrubbed. We live in 5 acres and the amount of dirt brought in is staggering.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:14 PM   #148
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post

I'm trying to PM you but you're all full.

Church this morning and this evening our church is having a fish fry and volleyball thing. Hoping the weather cooperates because it's looking sort of rainy!
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:05 PM   #149
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Church this morning was good. Had a chance to have great conversation afterward with a couple ladies I don't often get a chance to chat with. Saw a family there for the first time, know the girls they had with them (one was their daughter, one a friend), but I didn't get a chance to talk to them. Really hope they come back. This afternoon I'm working on pillows, watching Mom's Night Out with my girls, and then we've got church tonight. After church tonight I am staying for Fit Club. There is a small group that works out up in the youth room on Sunday evenings and I'm going to join in. I will probably die halfway through, but effort needs to be made.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:43 PM   #150
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Church this morning was good. Had a chance to have great conversation afterward with a couple ladies I don't often get a chance to chat with. Saw a family there for the first time, know the girls they had with them (one was their daughter, one a friend), but I didn't get a chance to talk to them. Really hope they come back. This afternoon I'm working on pillows, watching Mom's Night Out with my girls, and then we've got church tonight. After church tonight I am staying for Fit Club. There is a small group that works out up in the youth room on Sunday evenings and I'm going to join in. I will probably die halfway through, but effort needs to be made.

Good luck with your effort!!! I know the feeling.

Mom's Night Out is hysterical!
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote