Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2016, 12:05 PM   #1
lovinits
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am a human pacifier!

Please help! My second child is a 6 month old girl. She has a cold and is teething. She's never been a good sleeper, but the last few nights she has woken me up so many times I can't even count. She doesn't really even nurse, just sucks a little and goes back to sleep. This is killing me! I am a zombie and in tears and starting to feel resentful. Hubby is no help and thinks we should just let her cry it out (which I don't believe in). Help!!!!!

Advertisement

lovinits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:18 PM   #2
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I am a human pacifier!

Angle her bed, if you haven't already. It will help her breathe easier and you should get less waking. Run a humidifier. Baby Vicks. Teething meds before bed. If those fail I would let her sleep on your chest in a recliner for a night or two. You won't get awesome sleep but should be able to doze some and she will probably sleep a lot better which should help her get over her ick and back to normal. Basically, do whatever you have to do to survive a few days until it gets better. Hopefully that will be very soon!
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:33 PM   #3
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Stand in the bathroom with a hot shower running with the door shut before betime. DH and I swear by it. Plus everything that Jen said and you should hopefully be on the track to a little bit more sleep and sanity.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:35 PM   #4
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just realized you said she is never a good sleeper so coming back to add ideas--
Swaddle/woombie
White noise
Pacifier, if she takes one
When she wakes, give her a minute (or five) to see what she does. Obviously if she is really upset go get her but don't jump out of bed at the first fuss. She may go back to sleep without help. You can also try comforting her without picking her up.
That was the age my son attached to a blankie and I didn't even realize it until we went a night without it.
I will probably get flamed but the vast majority of my kids did significantly better on tummies and I let them. Although she is probably old enough to roll so I think it's supposed to be allowable then, so if you haven't tried it, you might.
A calm down/quiet routine before bed.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:21 PM   #5
lovinits
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks all!!!
lovinits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:11 PM   #6
karlitacat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My little guy is 3 mos. He's my fourth and the only one that won't take a paci. Since birth he has had on-and-off congestion issues. I recently started using saline spray in his nose, which has helped immensely. I also try to prop him up so he's sleeping at an angle, but he actually sleeps better on his tummy (as did the rest of my children), so that doesn't always work. Having him sleep on my chest works pretty well. Firmly patting his back sometimes puts him back to sleep. Maybe you could try a little baby massage with lavender lotion before bed.
karlitacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:05 PM   #7
kristen_0007
Registered Users
seller

Same here.
kristen_0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #8
mumoftwins17
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With twins I definitely feel like this!!
mumoftwins17 is online now   Reply With Quote