Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-21-2011, 06:03 PM   #11
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

I went to smalls. I don't like most OS until they hit mediums.

Infant unbleached PFs, GMD yellows and fitteds in small.

Advertisement

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
ISO: BG sized AIOS in working condition AND Imagine Flats in Tree Friends print.
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #12
fergiesgirl86
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What were your next diapers after newborns?

we used bummis superlites with preemie prefolds trifolded in after DD outgrew the XS BGs (absorbency wise really) we moved on to the Small BGs. despite the fact that the BGOS "fit" they were hugely bulky for my tastes at that point. about a week after i put her into the small BGs i started with the BGOS for night because she's a super soaking little squirt. now couple weeks later we started she's grown even more and with a hemp insert they fit as well as the smalls now.

once i get the rest of the hemp inserts made for the BGOS we will have 36 diapers in rotation for her! YAY! i will be super happy.

oh i supplement with osocozy flats and econobums covers when i'm feeling vintage

Last edited by fergiesgirl86; 05-21-2011 at 07:09 PM.
fergiesgirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:43 PM   #13
lizsky
Registered Users
seller

I also didn't like prefolds with my DD, although I'm finally coming around now that she's older. For the stage you are describing, I had good luck with some diapers that come in 2 sizes. Thirsties duo diapers size 1 fit my DD (born at 7 pounds 13 oz) from 3 weeks until about 4 months old. I do think that the velcro gets worn too fast, and I think the thirsties sizing is way off (they claim size 1 will fit until 18 pounds but I'd bet most babies would outgrow by 13 or 14 pounds), but overall I was happy with the ones I bought (gently used from jillian's drawers). I also had one swaddlebees mini-econappi that I got on clearance and it has adjustable rise snaps and fit during that timeframe as well. But honestly, if the OS dipes fit, it'll be way cheaper to transition directly to those!
Old 05-21-2011, 07:21 PM   #14
chapmanrl6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I use nb and small fitteds and pf with wool or covers for the first several months. I then use BG 3.0s and other OS pockets that I have.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:51 PM   #15
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we went to med baby shaped mutts & small happy heiny pockets when he out grew nb diapers. then when he started peeing through those we moved to bgos & os fitteds
Old 05-22-2011, 07:21 AM   #16
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:

Can I ask those who used BG xs and then smalls, are the smalls necessary? I have 10 xs for the noob, and 4 smalls OTW for when those are outgrown. We really only use AIOs for outings or church or something and also have 12 OS BG/Sunbaby pockets (on top of a large collection of fitteds and pfs). Should I bothor with a few more smalls or can a jump to medium be made? The mediums ran really small IMO when I had a few for DS3...

Thanks!

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #17
HaleysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had made a whole stash of newborn fitteds and small fitteds. I also had preemie pfs and infant pfs which I used until we moved on to pockets
HaleysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #18
fergiesgirl86
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i just got a med from hyena cart. compared to the small that thing is HUGE! if you only use them for outings, you could get by with the smalls until the OS fit without eating your baby alive. DD2 is in the middle of the size range for the smalls and just now the OS are fitting without making her super puffy on the bottom.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:28 AM   #19
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, my preemie blew up so maybe I'm not much help.

She has a few small size diapers to wear but mostly went straight into the OS fitteds I have. She was a teeny peanut when I brought her home from the NICU and was very interested in sleeping all the time, not so interested in bf'ing... but soon enough it became the complete opposite - now she nurses like a mad woman and acts like she's starving every other hour. So I used the newborn diapers and x-small diapers for a little over 2 months, and these past couple of weeks have been all OS dipes.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:16 AM   #20
papoosecaboose
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for all your input ladies, I can't wait for my LO to get here and start CD'ing him/her!!