Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2018, 05:30 PM   #11
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Summer Shoe thread 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsaremyheart View Post
Birkenstocks for me and one pair of work shoes. Crocks, rainboots, bare feet for everyday wear for the kids. They get one pair of “going places” sandals and a sweater each. They do have sneakers, but those are hardly ever worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you think Birkenstocks would work for me? I like them and I know they last. I'm worried the cork is too hard for my heel.

I tried on some Tevas I liked but they were actually dressier and I thought maybe I needed more casual.

Advertisement

Old 05-17-2018, 05:56 PM   #12
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller

Summer Shoe thread 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
Do you think Birkenstocks would work for me? I like them and I know they last. I'm worried the cork is too hard for my heel.

I tried on some Tevas I liked but they were actually dressier and I thought maybe I needed more casual.

I do think they’d work.

I had Soft Stars once, I think I should have maybe sized down, but they killed my feet. They were so cute that I tried to force myself to love them.

I had a pair of Birkenstocks, or knock offs, from about age 12ish to 21. I wore them until the heel had a hole! My feet were killing me during my last pregnancy and I bought my currant Birkenstocks. I’d say I have average arches. They do have to be broken in, but once broken in, I feel like they even out the foot support across the whole foot. My heels don’t ache. I wouldn’t condsider myself having foot problems though. I do use an off brand cork sealer. Once in awhile I give them a good wipe down, reseal before bed, and use the next day.

My other shoes are Merrill’s.

I had to look up Tevas. Those are DH’s sandals. He likes them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by mykidsaremyheart; 05-17-2018 at 05:59 PM.
mykidsaremyheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:26 PM   #13
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

I think the Birkenstocks would work, yes. My mom has foot issues and wears them. Tevas come in both casual and dressier styles.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:28 PM   #14
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Oh, and if you go with anything that has a cork footbed, get the sealer. I was never told about sealing the cork, and my three pair lasted several years each. This last pair, though, has not lasted as long, and I have chunks of cork coming off. I don't know why the difference.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:45 PM   #15
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I might go tomorrow and try on Birkenstocks and see if they have the sporty style Tevas. These are the ones I tried:

https://www.teva.com/women-sandals/e...ENQQ&gclsrc=ds

Really cute but I wondered how long they would last

Ok get cork sealer. I wonder if my mil knows this. She wears them due to foot issues.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:35 PM   #16
abh5e8
Registered Users

Kids are in tennis shoes, keens or rain boots. Flip flops for the pool and the girls have sandals for church. Boys wear either clean tennis shoes or keens to church.

I used to live in flip flops... But now I'm old! I get really bad Arch pain. I'm fine as long as I wear something with a back strap. I have leather like flat strapy sandals from Target, flip-flops with a back strap and my running shoes. I wear rain boots a lot outside at home... cause I'm afraid if snakes.

Last edited by abh5e8; 05-17-2018 at 07:38 PM.
abh5e8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:13 PM   #17
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Whoa...if bthought we had many snakes around I'd wear rain boots everywhere too. I hate snakes!!!
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:46 PM   #18
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
Whoa...if bthought we had many snakes around I'd wear rain boots everywhere too. I hate snakes!!!
You and me both. *shudders* I HATE snakes.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:04 PM   #19
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had a pair of Merrells once, LOVED them. They were so cute and comfortable and well made.

I've never heard of keens, I'll have to look them up.

No snakes (that I've seen) here, thank goodness!
Old 05-17-2018, 09:55 PM   #20
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

I hate keens. I have really wide feet, and that is supposedly what they specialize in, but every pair I've tried made the top of my foot hurts, like where the foot bends at the ball. My dad says the same. I tried keen sandals on DS last year but couldn't get them to stay on. The heel kept slipping under his foot so he'd eventually kick them off as he walked.
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote