Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2018, 08:32 PM   #1
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

What's your vision?

DH and I were talking about our church last night, the vision we have, and the plan to get there. (Based on proverbs 29:18, where there is no vision the people perish)

It seems like we often set goals but don't set a plan to accomplish them. If I say I want to travel the world but never make a financial plan to make it happen, it won't happen. It got me thinking--what are your goals? For your marriage, your children, your church, etc? Do you have a plan in place to see your dreams come to fruition?

Advertisement

jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:34 PM   #2
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What's your vision?

Great question! I'm going to have to ponder this and come back.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:12 AM   #3
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My goals for my family is to raise children who can survive as adults. My biggest fear is having adult children who spend their who lives calling for help. I see it first hand with my mom all the time and when her parents canít help she moves on to the next person and that puts a ton of stress on our family.

As for after kids, I want to travel but of course really have not made a plan of action in that one.

Church, that is a hard spot for me right now and right now I am just doing a lot of praying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:21 AM   #4
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

For my kids--I want to equip them all with lifeskills. I want them to know how to cook, clean, garden, identify plants/animals, basic repairs, budgeting, etc. We do take active steps towards this goal all the time, but I still worry that we will miss something important.

I want them know that they serve a purpose greater than themselves. The entitlement attitude in this country kills me. We try to work on this goal by reading about missionaries, donating our unused our outgrown things to those who could use it, small things like sending a card or dropping off some cookies with someone we feel could use it. We have done foster care, and we have fairly regular talks about those in need. Occasional service projects.

I want them to know God, and to follow where he leads. I feel like we are working on this but I feel like I could be doing more as well.

The basic principles and morals that seem to have been fallen by the wayside--responsibility, work ethic, kindness, promptness, honesty, etc.

Our marriage probably gets shoved to the side more than anything else. I want to have a strong healthy marriage. I want to be one of those super old couples that seem happy and like they just fit together so well. When our children are grown we would like to do foster care or something again as well.

I have a lot of goals for the church, but I don't feel like I or the church as a whole has a good plan for reaching them. That's part of what DH and I were discussing.

Last edited by jen_batten; 05-31-2018 at 11:51 AM.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:46 AM   #5
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Kindness. I want that for my kids AND my marriage. I want a compassionate family - toward each other and toward others. We have that in our marriage - sometimes. DS loves to hit and throw sand. I know when we get through this there will be some other atrocity he loves.

For my church, I want the same. Grace, mercy, love for one another. We can work through lots if we have that.
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:11 PM   #6
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My vision:
A big, loving, functional family even when my kids are grown. Kids who love and support each other (and others) even when I'm not around to tell them to.
Kids who are secure and strong and faithful and compassionate, with happy families of their own.
A close, tender relationship with my husband that lasts throughout our lives and beyond. Opportunities to serve together. Financial well-being--enough to provide for our needs and help others too.
Above all else--living the lives God wants for us. His plans are always better than mine.