Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #101
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fabulous February Weekly Chat | 5/29 - 6/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreternity View Post
How soon were you able to hear on the doppler? And what kind of doppler do you gals have? I wanted one with my first DD ( I spotted the entire pregnancy...hello stress!). And now I want one again! I'm already stressing because I don't feel preggo really...I actually want MS (aka all-day sickness) to start because then it means things are ok!

I'd forgotten how stressful this is!
I have an Angelsounds doppler and heard DD for the first time when I was between 10-11 weeks pregnant. Though that was the first time I actually tried, so it could have been possible earlier

Oh, btw, I know someone who found out they were pregnant at 33 weeks!!!! She didn't look at all pregnant, totally skinny, until just a couple of weeks after she found out she was preg and then she suddenly popped!

Advertisement

Old 06-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #102
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

ForEternity---I heard my son at 9 weeks even. But I never heard my last little one (who stopped developing at 10 weeks). 9-12 weeks is what I'm hearing from most of my friends.

I use a HiBebe BT200 (about $99 bought new)
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #103
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:
33 weeks?!?!!!??!?? Really?
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #104
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddings View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I'll switch mine to Kelly Ann.
thanks I hadn't thought about how confusing we were to people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
I KEEL YOU!!!

Seriously. I am jealous like WHOA!

I'm going to go stalk nurse Deutch at the hospital til she makes someone shove a vag-cam up there and get pics of my baby for me. Maybe if I buy her lunch for a week? Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacifer View Post
Oh my gosh, I can't imagine finding out I was pregnant and 20 weeks along!!!!! On the up side, heck, you're half way done overnight!!! On the down side, now you've gotta worry about those drinks you've been enjoying.
I'm feeling pretty good here which is amazing for me. I've only known now for a week but usually a store bought pee test confirms what I already know b/c I'm soooo sick. This time around I did tons of research and asked mamas on here for their natural ms cures and I got them all and am putting them to use.....B6, papaya enzyme, something else I forget the name of, munching on Luna bars, etc. Hope to get an amber necklace when money allows too. I wasn't getting my hopes up as I know the bomb can drop any minute, but hey, I've had a week of feeling good and that's longer than any of the other pregnancies so I'm a happy Mama. I am soooo bloated though!!! I feel like with the 4th, my body new it was pregnant upon implantation and instantly kicked into pregnancy hyperdrive. Like its saying, "been here before, know what to do, lets do this!" Before belly pic? No way. I'm too bloated. I swear I look like I did when I was 4 months preg with my first.
I took my test b/c my pants wouldn't button, so I am right there with you. the "you just look fat" stage starts earlie for me every time.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #105
jeddings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel+2 View Post
man... we hardly have any due date buddies... where is everyone?
I bet they will start flooding in soon.

Quote:
clearly they are not as obsessed with peeing on things as we are! or they're stalking us *moons just in case* and are too chicken to talk to us---maybe because they're waiting to hear heartbeats, etc.

PS---Is it 10 weeks yet? I want to hear a heartbeat!!!
I'm thinking of trying my doppler tonight, even though I know theres not a chance in heck of hearing this bean, hahaha.
Haha too funny! I am totally obsessed with POAS!

I can't wait to hear the heart beat too.

Quote:
I'm going to go stalk nurse Deutch at the hospital til she makes someone shove a vag-cam up there and get pics of my baby for me. Maybe if I buy her lunch for a week? Hahahaha
Vag cam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
Weird story though, with my last ddc we had someone join at 20wks who had *just* found out she was preggo. For reals.
Wow that's crazy! But then again that show where women don't find out til they give birth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacifer View Post
This time around I did tons of research and asked mamas on here for their natural ms cures and I got them all and am putting them to use.....B6, papaya enzyme, something else I forget the name of, munching on Luna bars, etc. Hope to get an amber necklace when money allows too.
Might have to try some of that stuff. I always get morning sickness too. But I think mine usually comes around the 7th week. The past few mornings I've woken up a little queazy but not too bad. I've also heard extra protein can help. And my prenatals I got from walmart are natural food based and have some herbs inside for morning sickness. Ginger along with some other stuff. Hope that will help.

Quote:
Had some light spotting again last night. And a really upset stomach. I'm wondering if the tummy upset irritated my uterus/cervix and everything is okay or if its the beginning of bad things.

I have to go in today to do my prenatal blood work, so I'm going to go ahead and mention it to them when I am there today. Can't hurt. And, maybe I'll get an ultrasound out of it without having to buy Nurse Deutch lunch! Vonda (the receptionist) is pretty awesome and will kick arse for me if necessary I love her!

People always complain about just being a number in the queue at the military hospital here, but I think about it this way: They see 100s of patients a day there---so you've got to have enough personality to stand out and MAKE yourself special to them. THEN they remember you and are willing to bend over backwards for you! But, if you don't have a personality, don't expect your name and pretty face to be enough to make you special. Ask how the nurse's family is. Talk to the receptionist about your weekend plans and hers, etc. We complain that we're faceless numbers to our doctors and nurses, yet we treat them like hired servants, not like someone with whom we'll be sharing private information. I've had some real a-hole docs, but 3/4 of the time I have a really awesome doctor because the doctor learns what is important to me and develops a respect for me as a person and learns that I am an educated and experienced woman who knows what is best for herself and her child. Period!

Also, its cold as Antarctica in my house at 6am. Just so you know.
Hope they give you an ultrasound and I hope everything is fine.
As far as making yourself known in the OB clinic. I wish I could have your charisma but I have social anxiety and just going to appointments can be tough let alone trying to make alot of conversation. I def don't treat anyone hired servants, I always say thankyou and act appreciative but my nervousness won't let be really go all out yk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitter View Post
I took my test b/c my pants wouldn't button, so I am right there with you. the "you just look fat" stage starts earlie for me every time.
My step mom told me yesterday I am starting to show. I was like um no that's just the fat left over from the other 4! I don't really start showing until 20ish weeks or so.
jeddings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #106
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

You ladies got all quiet on me! WAKE UP!

Really, though....lets all chip in and buy an ultrasound machine so we can poke at our babies and see them
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #107
sk8nut
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
You ladies got all quiet on me! WAKE UP!

Really, though....lets all chip in and buy an ultrasound machine so we can poke at our babies and see them
I'm just excited that I get to see in 4 weeks for a dating u/s. Last pg I had to opt for the NT Scan in order to see the baby before the big u/s at 20 weeks. Then it was no more u/s for the rest of the pg. I'm assuming the end will be the same this time around. Last pg my OB joined the midwives practice half way through so the second half was the same practice I go to now but the first half wasn't.

It's scheduled for the morning before we leave for Iceland, so it will be an exciting day all around Although I am a little nervous that something won't be ok and I'll have to fly off for vacation with bad (or uncertain) news.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #108
BldrArch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm awake!!! DH has been out of town and got back late last night so I got to sleep in!!!! I won't go into the details but the night before was a slight nightmare with Julia and I got about 5 hours of sleep and had to work all day yesterday and I was frickin exhausted LOL!!

I'm watching DD play with her doll. I'm putting away the diaper laundry and she always grabs one of her diapers and changes her baby with one. Now she put the doll in her little chair and is brushing its hair and feeding it milk from her sippie. I hope she'll be this cute with a sibling. I'm thinking of getting her one of those mini-me ergo or beco carriers for her Bday. I wonder if I could find one on FSOT...

Is that enough rambling?

I'm off to a BBQ this eve where I'm sure my friends will wonder why I'm not drinking. We've already had one friend guess that I was which I adamantly denied and told him he'd get the memo if I was. Sigh.

Sent via iPhone using DS Forum (yes, I'm that addicted)

Red Dog | Studio

Cloth Diapers, Layette Sets, Children's wares and more. Handcrafted in Boulder, CO
Etsy | Free US Shipping
Please take my diapering cost survey!
BldrArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #109
sk8nut
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BldrArch View Post
I'm awake!!! DH has been out of town and got back late last night so I got to sleep in!!!! I won't go into the details but the night before was a slight nightmare with Julia and I got about 5 hours of sleep and had to work all day yesterday and I was frickin exhausted LOL!!

I'm watching DD play with her doll. I'm putting away the diaper laundry and she always grabs one of her diapers and changes her baby with one. Now she put the doll in her little chair and is brushing its hair and feeding it milk from her sippie. I hope she'll be this cute with a sibling. I'm thinking of getting her one of those mini-me ergo or beco carriers for her Bday. I wonder if I could find one on FSOT...

Is that enough rambling?

I'm off to a BBQ this eve where I'm sure my friends will wonder why I'm not drinking. We've already had one friend guess that I was which I adamantly denied and told him he'd get the memo if I was. Sigh.

Sent via iPhone using DS Forum (yes, I'm that addicted)
That's so cute! I've seen the mini ergos on Ebay, I want to get my DS one too.

I can't keep a secret to save my life so I'm telling people I see often and family. Not to mention, I have two friends in the neighborhood and one at Stroller Strides who are pg so it's hard to sit through those conversations without letting it slip. At least for me
Old 06-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #110
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

basically everyone I know knows I'm pregnant. we're only keeping it from a few people.