Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2016, 10:27 AM   #1
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:
2nd trimester and feeling....?

How are you all feeling now that we're in the 2nd trimester?

I'm feeling good. I know this is the "sweet spot," but I am DETERMINED this will be a good pregnancy. I WILL feel good. I WILL NOT be hot and miserable this summer. This hopefully will be our last pregnancy, so I want to remember it well. My belly does feel huge, though. I'm saying good-bye to my toes...

Advertisement

Laura Josephine (3)
and William Thomas
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:16 PM   #2
FutureMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2nd trimester and feeling....?

I am so excited about this summer!!!
Mainly because my husband and I are taking a week off in June, which will also be our 3rd anniversary, we will do the nursery that week, do our baby registry and possibly go to the beach!

I started to have Braxton hicks contractions this week... at 18 weeks?! First pregnancy. Luckily I have an apt on Monday.

Loving this pregnancy and this is so much more comfortable than the 1st trimester was!
Old 05-17-2016, 05:53 PM   #3
greenacres
Registered Users
seller

I'm feeling well, thankfully. 19 weeks,5 days. Almost to the half way mark! First trimester wasn't bad at all for me. I've been having a little less stamina lately. I've had a little bit of back pain/cramps in my lower back, but that goes away if I lay down. Got my first ultra sound yesterday, how much fun! Baby measured well and everything looked intact and growing right. The measurements only added two days to my due date, so I think we were pretty spot on with the conception date. We had the option to find out the gender, but chose not to. I found out my placenta is anterior and the umbilical cord is attached off center. The sonographer said both of these things were just fine. I'm going to ask my midwife next week about it.
greenacres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:01 PM   #4
newbiemama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMama View Post
I am so excited about this summer!!!
Mainly because my husband and I are taking a week off in June, which will also be our 3rd anniversary, we will do the nursery that week, do our baby registry and possibly go to the beach!

I started to have Braxton hicks contractions this week... at 18 weeks?! First pregnancy. Luckily I have an apt on Monday.

Loving this pregnancy and this is so much more comfortable than the 1st trimester was!
Braxton hicks can be common in the second trimester, unless they are significant and painful! Still talk to your doctor/midwife about them.
Laura Josephine (3)
and William Thomas
Old 05-17-2016, 07:02 PM   #5
newbiemama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenacres View Post
I'm feeling well, thankfully. 19 weeks,5 days. Almost to the half way mark! First trimester wasn't bad at all for me. I've been having a little less stamina lately. I've had a little bit of back pain/cramps in my lower back, but that goes away if I lay down. Got my first ultra sound yesterday, how much fun! Baby measured well and everything looked intact and growing right. The measurements only added two days to my due date, so I think we were pretty spot on with the conception date. We had the option to find out the gender, but chose not to. I found out my placenta is anterior and the umbilical cord is attached off center. The sonographer said both of these things were just fine. I'm going to ask my midwife next week about it.
I really hope the placenta and umbilical cord resolve themselves soon! That sounds scary when it comes close to due date!
Laura Josephine (3)
and William Thomas
Old 05-17-2016, 07:39 PM   #6
greenacres
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiemama View Post
I really hope the placenta and umbilical cord resolve themselves soon! That sounds scary when it comes close to due date!
Thanks! I am reading more about anterior placentas now. Doesn't sound like it should be a problem. They've had no problem finding the baby's heartbeat (which is common with anterior) with doppler, my MW actually commented on how quickly they found it. So long as it doesn't move to placenta previa, everything should be fine. I'm reading about special exercises that may help. As far as cord, the sonographer said sometimes the cords attach to the center of the placenta and sometimes off to the side and it doesn't make a difference. I am still going to ask MW about it..
greenacres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:57 PM   #7
newbiemama
Registered Users

My Mood:

We had the ultrasound earlier this week! Baby was looking beautiful, with a beautiful, full heart that brought me to tears. We could see all four chambers pumping and working together, it was a miracle! We have friends whose baby had a heart defect and lived only 10 hours after birth, so we are ESPECIALLY GRATEFUL for a healthy, beautiful peanut. We didn't find out gender because we really didn't care either way. It's fun for us to guess and speculate who is inside. We feel really good & happy now!
Laura Josephine (3)
and William Thomas
Old 05-26-2016, 12:58 PM   #8
newbiemama
Registered Users

My Mood:

they DID, however, bump up our due date to Oct 5. First it was the 12th, now the 5th. We're sticking pretty hard with our own calculations, which is Oct 10.
Laura Josephine (3)
and William Thomas
Old 05-31-2016, 12:15 PM   #9
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

Very thankful to be past the nausea! Since I never had any of that with my previous pregnancies, I was really not enjoying the constant icky feeling. I go June 15 for my U/S. Definitely looking forward to seeing if my boys will get the brother they are wanting or not.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:22 AM   #10
mhtrails
Registered Users

2nd trimester feels like a breeze right now! Finally have my appetite back and the baby is kicking up a storm. I feel like he's doing somersaults in there.
mhtrails is offline   Reply With Quote