Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2018, 07:28 AM   #1
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sleep inconsistency help!

Help! My almost 7mo is the most inconsistent sleeper ever.

Example: Two nights ago he went to bed at 7pm slept until 2:30am I nursed him then he slept until 7:15am. Last night he went to bed at 7pm woke up at 10pm, 2:30am, 4am, 5:40am, 6:30am.

I am not looking for advice to get him to sleep 12 hrs straight. Although that's the dream. I am hoping maybe someone has some advice as to what may be making him so inconsistent that I am not seeing. His naps are almost always consistent and bed time routine is nearly identical each night.

Thanks!

Advertisement

kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:42 AM   #2
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Sleep inconsistency help!

Are his feedings consistent throughout the day? Sometimes if they eat less during the day they make up for it at night but that's the only thing off the top of my head.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:23 AM   #3
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Are his feedings consistent throughout the day? Sometimes if they eat less during the day they make up for it at night but that's the only thing off the top of my head.
I always thought so but I just downloaded an app to try to log them to see if that's related. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2018, 02:13 PM   #4
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Could there be something that is waking him? Noises outside (weekends might be noisier than during the week) or inside, or temperature changes? Lights coming in the window? We think our DS wakes when the furnace kicks on in the morning at like 5 am. His room is small and probably heats up faster than the rest of the house.
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:06 PM   #5
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

If he's hit a growth spurt or is teething he may wake up more often. (I generally assume it's a growth spurt unless it seems like they're actually in pain.) Or if his diaper is wet, or if he gets cold...I feel your pain, Faith has been doing that eat-all-night thing lately too and it's catching up with me.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:45 PM   #6
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
Could there be something that is waking him? Noises outside (weekends might be noisier than during the week) or inside, or temperature changes? Lights coming in the window? We think our DS wakes when the furnace kicks on in the morning at like 5 am. His room is small and probably heats up faster than the rest of the house.
Hmm. I don't think so but possibly something I don't realize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLlama View Post
If he's hit a growth spurt or is teething he may wake up more often. (I generally assume it's a growth spurt unless it seems like they're actually in pain.) Or if his diaper is wet, or if he gets cold...I feel your pain, Faith has been doing that eat-all-night thing lately too and it's catching up with me.
I always blame everything on a growth spurt lol. This crazy inconsistency definitely isnt a growth spurt though. Pretty much every night is different. He was more consistent as a newborn then he is the past couple months. Last night specifically may have been terrible do to teething though. He has one just about to break through I think.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:57 PM   #7
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Growth spurts and teething I feel like get the blame for everything I have a friend whose kids teethe for like months at a time. But I blame everything on those, too! Picky eating? Teething. Eating like a hog? Growth spurt. Stopped eating again? Stopped growing probably. Keeps eating stuff he finds? Teething.
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote