Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2018, 10:37 AM   #91
abh5e8
Registered Users

Re: Sell all the things thread!

I listed two bikes and a swing this morning. I also have two bags full to go to Goodwill. I love the immediate gratification if donating. I'm considering taking all my to-sell items to Goodwill, but it would also be so nice to make a little cash off of them. Decisions decisions!

Advertisement

Old 05-28-2018, 01:29 PM   #92
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I'm with you both, donating is the only way to really clear out around here. I did do REALLY well with that as our church rummage sale was coming up right at the time we had a panic and thought we had to sell our house pronto. But with specialty items I know if I donate them they're not likely to be put to use by someone who needs them--like homeschool stuff, it'll just sit on a shelf at the thrift store and get tossed eventually even though it's worth a lot to someone. I just can't seem to go through all the bother of posting AND shipping stuff that I'm not positive I won't use again. I think right now I'll put it away in the storage room...worry about it after the baby. But the AWESOME news DH told me last night is there IS a post office in the town he now works in, so he will do the shipping for me whenever I do sell it. Although, I should realize by now my DC can do it too. The town where our library is, the PO is right across the street and I can sit in the car with the little guys while the bigs run in and do my business for me. This stage is soooo much easier than the 6 age 6 and under phase where we were a few years ago.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:11 PM   #93
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

My bigs do a lot of little errands like that for me. It's so handy!! Way better than unbuckling a million buckles just to do them up again in five minutes.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 03:13 PM   #94
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeotwoski View Post
Yeah I'm with you both, donating is the only way to really clear out around here. I did do REALLY well with that as our church rummage sale was coming up right at the time we had a panic and thought we had to sell our house pronto. But with specialty items I know if I donate them they're not likely to be put to use by someone who needs them--like homeschool stuff, it'll just sit on a shelf at the thrift store and get tossed eventually even though it's worth a lot to someone. I just can't seem to go through all the bother of posting AND shipping stuff that I'm not positive I won't use again. I think right now I'll put it away in the storage room...worry about it after the baby. But the AWESOME news DH told me last night is there IS a post office in the town he now works in, so he will do the shipping for me whenever I do sell it. Although, I should realize by now my DC can do it too. The town where our library is, the PO is right across the street and I can sit in the car with the little guys while the bigs run in and do my business for me. This stage is soooo much easier than the 6 age 6 and under phase where we were a few years ago.
I love when the kids get to that stage. Sadly I can't walk to my p.o. anymore but it's not too far.

My dh is always in the donate it all mode. I have to keep things I'm selling out of site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
My bigs do a lot of little errands like that for me. It's so handy!! Way better than unbuckling a million buckles just to do them up again in five minutes.
All the buckles and then everyone has to come in which prolongs everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
I listed two bikes and a swing this morning. I also have two bags full to go to Goodwill. I love the immediate gratification if donating. I'm considering taking all my to-sell items to Goodwill, but it would also be so nice to make a little cash off of them. Decisions decisions!

I listed homeschool books today. I forgot we even owned these.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:02 AM   #95
abh5e8
Registered Users

I send my big kids in on errands too... I think it also helps them build a little independence and learn some good social skills.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:37 PM   #96
proverbs518wife
Registered Users
seller

I so need to declutter and list some things!
proverbs518wife is offline   Reply With Quote