Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-23-2017, 07:26 PM   #1
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Kmart/Sears near you? Budget stretcher.

I've mentioned this before but mentioning in case there are any that need to stretch their budget. It's by using their Shop Your Way program.

I just paid $4.53 for 2 pack of Hanes undies, a playdough play set and pack of men's socks.

You have to use their apps to get points through their online sweeps and it can be time consuming but you can just do it just two weeks before you are due to make a purchase and at least get some discount.

It really works best if you can pick up one store because shipping kills most savings unless they are offering free shipping.

Advertisement

Old 12-23-2017, 07:48 PM   #2
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Kmart/Sears near you? Budget stretcher.

I do this with the Safeway Just for U app but never thought of doing it at Kmart. I'll have to look into it, thanks!

By the way, I found out kind of late that even if you don't have a smart phone (I don't) you can still access store savings apps/programs on your computer through the store website. In case anyone else is in the same situation and didn't know that either.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:56 PM   #3
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLlama View Post
I do this with the Safeway Just for U app but never thought of doing it at Kmart. I'll have to look into it, thanks!

By the way, I found out kind of late that even if you don't have a smart phone (I don't) you can still access store savings apps/programs on your computer through the store website. In case anyone else is in the same situation and didn't know that either.
Someone brought it up here (last year?) and it finally dawned on me what all the kmart point talk was about at the store.

That's true. You can do the shop your way program on the computer. I actually prefer it on the laptop.

You'd be surprised what shows up in your account. I get random five dollars in points periodically. I think they've restructured and it's less than last year but I did manage to get some discounts and they managed to get me into their store which is the goal I think.

One of my markets is Shaw's and their app has completely free items some weeks. I haven't thought to check the other apps.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:00 PM   #4
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They shut down the 3 Kmart stores here but I use to go to Sears when I got decent coupons, haven't had any in awhile though
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:09 PM   #5
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
They shut down the 3 Kmart stores here but I use to go to Sears when I got decent coupons, haven't had any in awhile though
I think ours kmarts will close soon. The Sears is part of a mall and I'm wondering if they will stay open longer.

I get better kmart deals but I recently got a $5 off for Sears and bought boy pants for a couple of dollars.

I also got really random specific ones like $5 off tools which I couldn't figure out what to use on.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:29 PM   #6
drabekgirl
Registered Users

They have closed down the Kmart and the Sears both in separate towns here unfortunately. Otherwise I enjoyed hitting Kmart 3-4x a year.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:44 PM   #7
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drabekgirl View Post
They have closed down the Kmart and the Sears both in separate towns here unfortunately. Otherwise I enjoyed hitting Kmart 3-4x a year.
It's too bad. I have one kind of close and another near my dh's work. So one of us can usually pick up my order.

I did notice that during Christmas time they were offering free shipping on $25 and that was $25 before points. Usually the free ship threshold is higher and lots of items are excluded but I did get some items shipped for free. It's a pain not to be able to return though.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:01 PM   #8
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Land's End also participates in SYW. But I never can access my account to use it.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:30 PM   #9
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Land's End also participates in SYW. But I never can access my account to use it.
I've wondered about that. I keep meaning to figure it out but haven't had a chance to look into it.

You can get a few dollars worth SYW points for using uber too. I've only used uber once lol but if you use it often it would add up.