Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2008, 08:15 AM   #1
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

how long should she be awake?

You'd think I would know this as she's my 3rd baby but I really don't. Grace is 6 months old next week(4months adjusted) and I have no idea how long her awake periods should be. I realize every baby is different so it will vary but what's the range of normal. She wakes at 7am, and is crying and tired by 8:30am. She will sleep 2-3hours and wake again to eat and play and be wanting to go back to sleep 90 minutes later. Because we got into a routine of having to pick up the oldest from the bus stop(she's not old enough or mature enough to walk home on her own yet), she would be up at 3pm and her bedtime is 7:30pm. And she's screaming at me by 6pm and miserable. I don't want to "schedule" her but I do want an idea of whether or not this is an okay thing or whether I"m setting her up for a lifetime of catnaps or whether she's just bored and I need to stimulate her more. She really seems exhausted after 90 minutes awake. I thought I remembered my older two having a morning and afternoon nap by this age and staying up for a few hours.