View Poll Results: How did you feel about your pregnancy?
LOVED IT!! Went perfectly smooth! 31 38.27%
Loved it even though it was a rough pregnancy 29 35.80%
Didn't enjoy it, but didnt hate it either 13 16.05%
Hated it even tho it was a great pregnancy 4 4.94%
Hated it because it was a rough pregnancy 8 9.88%
other 4 4.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2007, 10:16 AM   #1
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

How did you feel about your pregnancy??

I was talking to a woman at work the other day, who said she was considering having a second child, but she HATED being pregnant. I asked her if she had complications, and she said no, she just hated it. I was kind of floored by this. I disliked my first pregnancy but I certainly didnt hate it and I LOVED my second pregnancy. Just curious what others thought of theirs.

Advertisement

EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:23 AM   #2
katy_mb3
Registered Users
seller

Re: How did you feel about your pregnancy??

I'm one of those awful women who just LOVE being pregnant!!! Even when I was in transition w/ #2, my MW asked if I was ready to give up my belly and I had to honestly shake my head no!!
katy_mb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:25 AM   #3
hunterNkarter
www.DinkerandGiggles.com
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I LOVED being pregnant and miss it!!!

I always tell passer bys that are pregnant to enjoy the belly time they will miss it. I always get looked at like I'm
Baby #3 born naturally on Feb 2nd! I Blog
My Feedback: DiaperPin
ISO: SANITY IHA: Not nearly enough PP/RME!
hunterNkarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
kugrinic
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Funny post this because I just had this convo with my SIL.

I LOVED being pregnant with AJ, I felt sexy. beautiful and earthy (I know I am weird), but I never onced looked at my belly as 'fat' or unatractive.
My SIL (who has 3 children 5,4 and almost 3 by 26) said she hated it. I asked her "why, you had such easy pregnancys and labor". She is so fricken vain it drives me crazy, she hated being pregnant because as she stated "she woke up everymorning fatter!" I was like WTH are you serious? That isnt fat that is your baby, your beautiful child! This is a girl who gained maybe 25 lbs each pregnancy, not at ALL over weight.
Then she proceeded to tell me how she hated being pregnant in the summer because everyone was in cute shorts and tops and she was all fat in her maternity clothes! Thanks SIL, I will be pregnant all summer (I am due in begining on OCT).

So that being said that is why she hated it and I loved it, personally I think she needs some self esteem on her image
Old 02-02-2007, 10:29 AM   #5
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugrinic View Post
Funny post this because I just had this convo with my SIL.

I LOVED being pregnant with AJ, I felt sexy. beautiful and earthy (I know I am weird), but I never onced looked at my belly as 'fat' or unatractive.
My SIL (who has 3 children 5,4 and almost 3 by 26) said she hated it. I asked her "why, you had such easy pregnancys and labor". She is so fricken vain it drives me crazy, she hated being pregnant because as she stated "she woke up everymorning fatter!" I was like WTH are you serious? That isnt fat that is your baby, your beautiful child! This is a girl who gained maybe 25 lbs each pregnancy, not at ALL over weight.
Then she proceeded to tell me how she hated being pregnant in the summer because everyone was in cute shorts and tops and she was all fat in her maternity clothes! Thanks SIL, I will be pregnant all summer (I am due in begining on OCT).

So that being said that is why she hated it and I loved it, personally I think she needs some self esteem on her image
I LOVED being pregnant during the beginning of summer just because I could show off my cute belly more LOL I agree with you that pregnancy is sexy, beautiful, and earthy, I miss my big round belly so much!
Old 02-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #6
abigail
Registered Users
seller

I HATE being pregnant. I'm sick for the firs 4 months to the point that I take medication so I can eat SOMETHING, anything! Then, the 2nd tri is good, but after I get onthe big side, my uterus is shaped "funny" and it puts excessive pressure on my liver causing sharp stabbing pains in my upper abdomen. If it weren't for those 2 things, I'd have as many babies as possible!
Old 02-02-2007, 10:43 AM   #7
serena22304
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i didnt HATE being pregnant, but i didnt really enjoy it either. i always had boring, uncomplicated pregnancies but i was just always uncomfortable, aches/pains etc..
serena22304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:46 AM   #8
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

I love being pregnant no matter what complications pop up. Nothing beats feeling the little ones moving inside me. And the product makes anything worth it. Though they are easier to care for inside instead of out!
I've gotten rashes, swelling, pregnancy specific allergic reactions (latex w/DS, nuts with #2), hemroids (sp?), you name it! But I guess it hasn't been anything too bad.
This pregnancy is completely under my radar, its just like it isn't happening, except I keep getting kicked. LOL I can't complain!
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #9
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

My first pregnancy I had hyperemisis, so I was in the hossy constantly for IV's for dehydration and pre-term labor, then I got preeclampsia and was on bedrest for the last month...Still, nothing beat the feeling of my baby moving and that wonderful round belly. I can't say I loved it, but I certainly didn't hate it.

My second pregnancy was a dream. I had all the normal aches and pains, pressure, charlie horses, and then around 34 weeks I developed puppps (a horrible HORRIBLE rash that occures in pregnancy, you cant even sleep because you can't stop itching) but around 35 1/2 weeks my midwife told me how to make that all better (I went tanning, and no, it didnt' "fry" my baby...was only a few minutes and it cleared up my rash for about a week) STILL I absolutely LOVED being pregnant and when I went into labor at 36 weeks 6 days, I cried because I felt like I was getting gipped by loosing those extra 3 weeks...I was really hoping to go overdue with her. Anyways, that pregnancy went so smooth and complication-free compared to my first one!

Last edited by EmnJJsMom; 02-02-2007 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:08 AM   #10
jeanieande
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Um, I didn't like being pregnant. I was ungodly sick for the first. Puked straight through until 3 days before I delivered, but never bad enough to be hospitalized. Just very unhealthy feeling the whole time.

It wasn't so much the bodily changes that made me dislike pregnancy but the general "BlAH" feeling that accompanied it. Almost flu like..... no energy, achy, nauseated etc....even though the dr's gave me a clean bill of health. Also wasn't fond of the bulk and awkwardness of it either. Just felt...well...awkward and sick all the time.

but...two is my limit....I'm all done with big bellies. My partner got "snipped"

Check out my homeschool destash:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=673570
jeanieande is offline   Reply With Quote