Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2018, 07:34 AM   #1
Mom2Will
Registered Users
seller

Math Mammoth up to 50% off

Homeschool Buyer's Co-op is doing a group buy for Math Mammoth. The discount could range anywhere from 20% to 50% depending on how many people buy. Right now it's only at 20% off, but Math Mammoth's website says the discount typically ends up being 40 or 50%.

The entire Light Blue Series bundle (all pdf books for grades 1st through 7th) usually retails for $175.
If there are 1 to 25 buyers it will be 20% off ($140)
If there are 26 to 49 buyers it will be 30% off ($122.50)
If there are 50 to 74 buyers it will be 40% off ($105)
If there are 75+ buyers it will be 50% off ($87.50)

Link to the group buy~
https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/math-mammoth

The offer ends March 31st. I'm really hoping it reaches at least 40%, because we're pretty certain we want to switch to MM for next school year. And this would deffinalty help us budget wise!

Advertisement

Mom2Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:12 AM   #2
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Math Mammoth up to 50% off

I've heard of Math Mammoth but have never used it. What are your reasons for switching? It certainly looks budget friendly for sure since it covers 1-7. What are you using now?
Old 03-14-2018, 08:27 AM   #3
Mom2Will
Registered Users
seller

We currently use CLE (Christian Light Education). I think it's great. Very thorough and easy to teach. The main reason we're making a switch is that the tight spiral of CLE isn't working very well for my older child, now that he's starting to get into concepts that are more difficult. It's just too many different concepts in each lesson. So, I've been looking at MM and other programs that are mastery with review. We're pretty sure we'll end up going with MM. And if the price gets low enough on this group buy bundle, we'll go ahead and buy the whole thing and switch our younger child too.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:29 AM   #4
Mom2Will
Registered Users
seller

The other reason we've been looking at MM is that I'd like something that goes a little further into conceptual understanding, explaining the hows and whys and different methods for solving problems.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:47 AM   #5
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's interesting that for math it seems I have two with different needs.

I personally am using MUS and Saxon. They prefer MUS but I feel Saxon fills in some gaps and gives that extra spiralling one in particular thrives with.

If this gets to 50% it would be enticing.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:36 AM   #6
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller

I bought the whole set of Math Mammoth on there when dd was maybe in 3rd or 4th grade. I found printing the pages to being too time consuming and costly. We ended up buying the books.

In the end, MM didnít work for us. Through the process it looked golden! She seemed to do very well with the mastery approach. Then at the end of the year when she had taken math tests, she didnít do very well. She forgot what she had learned early on. And we found it to be too light on the work for it to stick.

Every child is different! So it may fit your needs. After that we switched back to Saxon and didnít look back. Math is now DDís favorite subject....she works on Algebra for fun. Lol!

I thought Iíd share our experience. If itís still something you think will buying, I hope it reaches the sale price you want! Some families are really happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2018, 12:04 PM   #7
Mom2Will
Registered Users
seller

It took awhile, but the price has reached 30% off now, so I'm hopeful it will reach 40% off. If it doesn't I'll just buy an individual level or smaller bundle.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:07 PM   #8
Mom2Will
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsaremyheart View Post
I bought the whole set of Math Mammoth on there when dd was maybe in 3rd or 4th grade. I found printing the pages to being too time consuming and costly. We ended up buying the books.
I have a printer that takes really cheap tonner and can print a TON before the cartridge runs out. The only disadvantage, though, is that I won't be able to print in color.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:59 PM   #9
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Will View Post
I have a printer that takes really cheap tonner and can print a TON before the cartridge runs out. The only disadvantage, though, is that I won't be able to print in color.

Sounds like a good set up hopefully it will reach your comfortable price point soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2018, 06:00 PM   #10
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Will View Post
Which printer?