Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2017, 01:52 AM   #11
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Homeschool Chat March

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
We have been having ups and downs since Christmas. One day I think we are doing great and then the next day we can't get anything done. Next year I am putting my high schooler in Acellus just because with his work schedule teaching is becoming difficult, and then I am just doing unit studies. I am looking forward to a more simple system.
I have two kids a first grader and an 8th grader. My oldest uses Acellus for her core courses and it really helps because it allows her to be independent but the program keeps her accountable. I also like how she can easily work at the level she needs and progress at her pace. SHe does a separate religion program and IEW writing (she struggles with writing skills). She also takes Orchestra and an art class through the college she her days can be busy.
My youngest does Seton which so far is an excellent fit for her. We will see what the future holds.

Advertisement

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:57 AM   #12
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsaremyheart View Post
We've been battling it out with DS too. Acellus was brought up?!?! I had never heard of it, until last week when someone suggested it. We started him with that. He likes it, and he works on his own. I ended up ordering their "textbook tablet" that only has the capabilities to work on Acellus lessons. No hovering for me, and no worries with DS drifting off to Internet browsing...or on the iPad...Minecraft.

The girls have been fairly easy. But I remember oldest dd going through a tough school year a couple of years ago. Hopefully it's just a phase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HA I told my DH that we MUST figure out our budget so we can get an Acellus tablet for our DD. Too many times Ive found her playing games or doing you tube stuff. Like I dont mind that she wants to set her own pace and take frequent breaks etc... but seriously kid when your on the computer from 11:45am till 4:10pm I'd expect to see more than 0.8 hours of school work completed (Acellus records amount so no hiding).. Yea the tablet would be a welcomed addition here.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:41 PM   #13
HollyHobby
Registered Users

I'm a little late to the party here, but I had to leave a comment and say what a great job you are doing as a homeschooling mom! We've homeschooled for a number of years. Every year is different. Heck, sometimes every WEEK is different as life has its various seasons and surprises. Ultimately, it's all worth every bit of stress, every doubt, every tear. My daughter will be a homeschool graduate in 2 months and I wouldn't change the experience for the world.
HollyHobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:39 AM   #14
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Does anyone use Memoria Press? I am thinking of using a chunk of it for my children. They will be 1st grade and 2nd grade at the beginning of next school year.

I'm specifically looking at their Phonics and spelling and Latin program.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:01 AM   #15
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Does anyone use Memoria Press? I am thinking of using a chunk of it for my children. They will be 1st grade and 2nd grade at the beginning of next school year.

I'm specifically looking at their Phonics and spelling and Latin program.
I've used their materials and I plan to use more next year. They've expanded since we started using them. Famous Men of Rome and Greece we've used. I'm using one of their guides for Little House in Big Woods. I find them to be very straightforward and easy to use.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:59 PM   #16
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
I've used their materials and I plan to use more next year. They've expanded since we started using them. Famous Men of Rome and Greece we've used. I'm using one of their guides for Little House in Big Woods. I find them to be very straightforward and easy to use.

That's great. We will be schooling with a newborn for the first time this fall.

MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote