Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-24-2007, 10:16 AM   #1
Elena"s Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Will I need toddler prefolds?

I am currently using premiums on my DD who is 14 months. She is a big girl, and while the premiums still fit it seems that I am running out of material around her waist...it's getting harder to Snappi. I know at a year the LOs are supposed to stretch out, which DD is doing...but how many of you actually went to the toddler size?
Would it be worth it to get some trimmed toddlers? They are so long and look so big...
I don't have her exact measurements, but in your experience...at what size did your LOs grow out of premiums?
TIA,
Cristina

Advertisement

Elena"s Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
mama23boys
Banned
seller

Re: Will I need toddler prefolds?

my ds will be 2 in jan and i have been using toddler sz on him for quite a few months now. they are big in rise and i might trim but really it dosent bother me much.

your other choice is the brown edge GMD PFs, they fit him really good arent super long.
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:28 AM   #3
jennyb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i didn't cloth diaper my son, but we cloth diaper our daughter.
ds was around 2 1/2 when dd was born and decided he wanted cloth diapers instead of his pull-ups - LOL! (I was secretly happy b/c I had wished we would have cd-d with him)

Anyway, at 2 1/2, he weighed around 32 pounds and wore premiums and regulars - not toddlers. I bought one todder from gmd to try for the size and it was just too huge on him. So I stuck to regular unbleached indian pf's for him. He is now 3 and 35 pounds - toddlers are still too big, but regulars/premiums would be getting too small, if he was still in diapers. Happily he wears his "big boy underwear" now and uses the potty!

depending on where you might get trimmed toddlers (due to the length, not width) maybe you could order just one to try it out for size. if it didn't work, you'd only be stuck with once that you could use as a changing pad. That's what we use our one and only toddler pf for around here!

Get Cash Back from all your fave stores-Click here to join Mr. Rebates!
jennyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:31 AM   #4
jennyb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama23boys View Post
my ds will be 2 in jan and i have been using toddler sz on him for quite a few months now. they are big in rise and i might trim but really it dosent bother me much.

your other choice is the brown edge GMD PFs, they fit him really good arent super long.
brown edged from GMD is a great suggestion - they didn't have those when ds was in dipes & the rainbow shorts weren't quite right on him. i understand the brown edged are even wider with a "just right" rise - no folding necessary

Get Cash Back from all your fave stores-Click here to join Mr. Rebates!
jennyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:11 AM   #5
happysahm
Registered Users
Formerly: mama22boys
seller

My Mood:

I CD'd my 3yo DS and we used regulars and premiums on him. He has a long and lean build. Don't know if that helps at all.