Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-16-2007, 03:35 PM   #31
Shadowwolf549
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can I use Dawn with HE FL? Any "natural" HE detergents?

Where do you find country save? I haven't seen it anywhere?

Advertisement

Angie Luckiest Lady in the world. Married to SAHD Justin , Mama to Jaden 10/10/03 and triplets Jeremiah , Jaren , Giavanna 09/15/05 and Gabrielle 08/12/13. We are one big, happy, Jesus loving family!!
Shadowwolf549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:50 PM   #32
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My local HFS had a large box of powder for 14.00. I would look online. Their website says where to buy if I remember right. Hope you can find some. Even with shipping it's worth it IMO. I chose it over Planet due to the corn ingredients in Planet. I read about yeast thriving on corn and decided Country Save was a safer choice. But I have heard very good things about Planet too.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:01 PM   #33
aprilshowers
Registered Users

Quote:
To add the WS and SG, just add the powdered WS to warm water and then add the simple green, and then turn it back to whatever water setting you were planning to use. I would think it would be best to make sure it dissolves in warm, you know? You know how to use the detergent thingy with a FL, right? You don't put it in the washing basin, but there is a place specifically for adding the detergent. For my Neptune it's on the top.
Okay, my washer (Maytag Elite) is here now but I am still confused about adding the SG & WS. I put the WS into the detergent drawer, right? Do I open the washer and put the SG directly in there after some water has been added? I know I can't put them together in the detergent drawer.
aprilshowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 02:27 PM   #34
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

I started using Allens and then tried Charlies- I came to the conclusion that they just aren't strong enough to clean dipes properly.
I have an LG & my routine is:

Cold quick delicate (uses the most water for a better rinse) cycle with about 1/3 cup of vinegar in the detergent spot- you may not have to do this but I swear it is what got rid of our ammonia.
Sanitary cycle with half capful of Tide Free HE and a couple squirts of Dawn in the prewash compartment- I don't know if it's necessary but feel like it keeps buildup at bay- I don't think you could use Dawn as your only soap (at least not in a FL) because it is really high sudsing. I add an extra rinse to this cycle and hang my pockets to dry and dry my inserts/pf's on high.

The easiest thing you can do is use more detergent (you may have to give in a use a non natural detergent for your dipes to get completely clean) for stinky dipes- just add an extra warm rinse- it's better to rinse dipes better than not get them clean enough in the first place.
I don't know about country save- please update this if it works well for you for a couple weeks.
LA RN and Mom to J '00, S '03, P '05 (CLW at 37 months), G '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & M '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT

Last edited by 4boys1girlforme; 11-25-2007 at 02:28 PM.
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote