Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-25-2007, 10:06 AM   #1
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
CDing on a loooong trip.

We're going on a looooong drive this Xmas, it's 10 hours long NOT counting all the stops that we need to make with 2 under 2. We're planning on making the drive over 2 days, my sister lives about 2/3rds of the way there. What do you do with wet/dirty dipes on the drive? How many dipes do you think will suffice for a week long trip away from home? I ordered 7th gen diapers but I don't think that I have enough, or that they will come in on time. I really really do not want to use sposies....

Advertisement

daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:15 AM   #2
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: CDing on a loooong trip.

Will you have access to laundry facilities? Traveling with diapers is easy! Just be sure to put a washrag with a few spots of TTO in the wetbag and there will be no smells!
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
veganmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have done this. Our drive was 9 hours plus tons of stops. We broke it up into two days too. We have a soft zippered car carrier and put our giant wet bag on top of the car and have a few small wet bags right in the car. For me prefolds were easiest because I wasn't taking my diaper sprayer. So it they stained no biggie. I stacked clean ones in a diaper bag and had a zippered case for clean wipes. Then when we made stops I would change the diaper and put the dirty one in one of my smaller wet bags that I kept in the car. I only washed at the laundry mat every 3 days, so there were a lot of diapers on top of the car!

I'd take 2-3 days worth per child of diapers. If you have access to wash every day then you can take less. My DS needs 6-8 diapers a day at age 2. 18 prefolds and 3 fitteds did him great for 3 days. He had fleece pants to be a cover and pants. I had two pair a day for him, so 6 pair. It was so very very easy!

You can take your diaper sprayer and nicer diapers if you are staying with family and wash more often. Best wishes.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:19 AM   #4
Lindsay&Walk
Registered Users
seller

LOL we are going on a 34 hour car trip (cross country) and are just going to use 7th gen sposies/gdiapers. Normally we fly, but I hate having to rent a car once we get there. I'll be so glad when we move back east and we don't have make ridiculous trips like this again.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:32 PM   #5
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildasMum View Post
Will you have access to laundry facilities? Traveling with diapers is easy! Just be sure to put a washrag with a few spots of TTO in the wetbag and there will be no smells!
Yes, we'll be staying at my parents, she's thrilled that I've started CDing!
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote