Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2013, 07:23 AM   #561
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge January thread

I gained a pound after all the running around I did yesterday. Not sure how as I know I did not eat enough. I drank plenty of water though. I will have another crazy day like yesterday. I hope this is not going to keep happening where I gain.

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:32 AM   #562
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
So today I woke up and I lost 1.4 lbs!!! I am well on my way to my pre DD2 weight!!! I am so excited. Next week that goal is mine!!!
Great job!!! I know you can do it!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #563
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I gained a pound after all the running around I did yesterday. Not sure how as I know I did not eat enough. I drank plenty of water though. I will have another crazy day like yesterday. I hope this is not going to keep happening where I gain.
I am experiencing the same but I haven't lost any weight to begin with. I am SO frustrated! I know the # on the scale shouldn't matter because I do feel better, but I don't understand how I can go from eating 2300-2500 calories per day to 1200 and not lose a single pound. I had two days where I ate under my calorie goal and I didn't lose weight. I drink at least 80 oz of water per day (closer to 100 oz) and I don't lose weight. Tomorrow makes two weeks and I haven't lost weight.

I have lost an inch in my waist and I know that's what really matters, but when you have as much weight to lose as I do, pounds should be falling off, too. According to BMI calculators, I am in the obese category. And I don't buy that crap about muscle weighing more than fat, because muscle burns fat and I don't believe at this point I've gained more muscle than I have acquired fat. (Do I make sense? I tend to ramble when I'm mad.)

I know that not eating enough will make your body hold onto weight, but I have PLENTY for my body to live off of before I'm in starvation mode. And I haven't been doing this long enough to be at a plateau. I'm even getting enough protein in my diet. This has always been hard for me because I don't like too many high protein foods.

I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow for Friday weigh in, then I think it's best that I stay off the scale.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #564
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Psychomom are you eating a net of 1200 or a goal of 1200. That really does matter.

I found I began to lose when I started eating my maintaining cals for the goal weight I want to be.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:25 AM   #565
Psychomom
seller

My Mood:

I am attempting to consume a net of 1200 calories per day. The past two days, I haven't done that, only netting 800 calories due to my workouts, but trust me, that doesn't usually happen to me. I try to concentrate on the amount of calories I am eating per week; for instance, since I had two low calorie days, I can have 1400 calorie days for the rest of the week and still be at an average of 1200 per day (calorie cycling; I did something similar with Weight Watchers a long time ago and it helps me not to plateau.)

Working out usually makes me very hungry so I do eat back the calories I burned. I know my body needs fuel and I'm not afraid to eat, but I was just very busy those two days.

If I ate to maintain my goal weight, that would put me around 2,000 calories per day. I just feel like I want to see some results faster than that would allow.

ETA: My husband thinks I shouldn't weigh myself first thing in the morning. When do you all weigh? I know I gain throughout the day so I don't know of a better time.

Last edited by Psychomom; 01-17-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Psychomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #566
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I gain between 8-9 am. That seems to be when I weigh the less. I have hypothyroid so it gives my body time I adjust after my pill and no be so puffy. Even if I eat when I weigh around then it's still not much different then if I don't.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #567
Psychomom
seller

My Mood:
I weighed at 8:30 vs my usual 6:30 and was down a pound.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #568
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomom
I weighed at 8:30 vs my usual 6:30 and was down a pound.
Yeah that may help. Try finding the time of the day you weigh the least.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #569
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

@Psychomom - I wonder if you need to up your calories? I am 134 and my calorie goal is 1200 per day. It was more when I was heavier. Do not give up though. You can do this. Losing inches first is very typical. The weight should fall off next.

I think that is why I gained yesterday. I did not eat enough. I only ate half a pound of tabouli and quinoa salad all day. I was too busy to sit and eat any other time. I also was so busy I was not hungry, so my stomach forgot to remind me.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #570
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Oh - I get up in the AM, pee, and weigh. It is around 7:30-8 AM each day.