Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2013, 05:03 AM   #1
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
A few Q's. Alva "C" series, Imagine covers/other gusseted covers, Kawaii overnights?

I'm trying to decide how I want to round out my stash for our next baby due in December. We plan to do cloth at home for this one and F&C disposables while out and traveling since we travel a fair amount of the time to visit family.
For the newborn stage, I have a stash of 20 nb thx and nb simplexes. I plan to get around 5 more of those since I plan to wash every other day and then just suppliment with sposies when needed (I've been getting the Honest diaper co when they are on Zulily). I plan to make more OBV/Flannel wipes to use on her and to use as doublers in those diapers if needed until she's in a bigger size.

After that, I plan to use OS BG 4.0's that I used with DS. I plan to just use the MF inserts that come withthe BG's and thirsties hemp inserts when extra absorbancy is needed b/c this is the only "trim" system that worked everytime with DS who was/is a heavy wetter so I want to make sure I can accomodate another possible heavy wetter.

I need to get a few more pockets to round out my stash so I'm looking at the alva baby "C" series with the double gussets and color coded snaps to add to our stash. I hear/read good reviews on those but heard not so good reviews on alvas other types of diapers. Anyone else use them? What are your opinions? Would you stick with just BG 4.0's or do you like the alva babys?

At night I plan to use thirsties duo stay dry inserts laid in a cover. With DS at a young age, we used them on top of a flip insert in a flip cover and with a heavy wetter, that's all that worked. I'm not sure if I want to do that or try another cover. I'm looking at a double gusseted cover. I'm not big on thirsties b/c I like the double row of snaps to adjust the legs and waist better. Just my preference. I'm looking at maybe imagine covers or blueberry coveralls. Anyone use these covers with inserts laid in? Any other preferences for double gusseted covers with the double row of snaps at the waist?

My other Q is: Has anyone used Kawaii overnights? How do you like them? I'm thinking about possibly trying those for at night instead but I don't want to buy them and find out that they are not good for compression leaking and such at night.

I know I have so many Q's! Dh told me that whatever I get for this one needs to be what I want and I need to be done buying after I have her stash built up. I want to make sure I have what I like. Thanks!!

Advertisement

Old 09-14-2013, 05:55 AM   #2
Nangirl17
Registered Users
seller

Re: A few Q's. Alva "C" series, Imagine covers/other gusseted covers, Kawaii overnigh

I love my Alva 4.0!! The double gussets allow them to be roomier enough to be double stuffed (excellent once my ds started wetting more heavily!), and the double pocket makes stuffing much easier, and they also don't need unstuffing: the inserts agitate out in the wash (tip: don't snap in the insert, or the pocket turns inside out) - this is the reason I love them so much!! Plus they're 7 bucks!

I also have a Kawaii GNHW, but I haven't used it at night (I've only used BG at night, and only for 2 weeks when I went back to disposable night diapering). So I can't comment on how it works at night. Daytime it is fine, but I change q 2-2.5 hr, so I haven't put it to a true test.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
rainbowgirl28
Registered Users
seller

Re: A few Q's. Alva "C" series, Imagine covers/other gusseted covers, Kawaii overnigh

I like Alvas and I like the Kawaii GNHW but I use my own inserts (CBI and hemp)
rainbowgirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote