Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
A Few Questions About Wool Covers

So, I am thinking about adding a few different things to our stash. I was thinking about fitteds, but I had tried them before and didn't find the love. I then began thinking about wool, but.... I just don't think I am up for it, yet at least!
I would like to maybe try a wool cover - I've seen those before. But, I don't know what brands to be looking for. Are they great? We use mostly thirsties duo and flip covers. Do I have to lanolize them also? I am kinda lost when it comes to wool!
Also, what do you put in the covers. That may seem like a super dumb question lol, but we use trifolded econobum prefolds generally. Do I need something special or different?

TIA ladies, you always help me out when I am confused!

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: A Few Questions About Wool Covers

I use both a woolybottoms and a sustainablebabyish wool soaker for nights with a super absorbant fitted underneath (Kiwi Pie, Bumboo,ect) I highly recomend woolybottoms they fit great, are WAY cheaper and come pre lanolized so you can start using right away. Washing and lanolizing is really easy actually. You can wash them in warm water with a bit of baby shampoo and then use a small dab of the lanolin nipple cream that you can get at any drug store. You add it to hot water to disolve then pour into the sink with warm water and let it sit with your cover in there for 15-30 min then roll in a towel and lay flat to dry. They do take a while to dry but I find if you lay it on something that has holes in dries way faster.
I think you could use a tri folded prefold in the cover but if your babe poops it is likely to get on the cover, a fitted or a snappied prefold would be better I think.
I say give it a try you could probably find a woolybottoms on FSOT for cheap to try out first and if you hate it you can resell
Old 09-29-2010, 11:48 PM   #3
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: In a turn of the century farmhouse with my 2 favorite people!

I love the WCW (wild child woolies) soakers best. They are stretchier than sbish and thicker. They come already lanolized so you can use it right away. I used to follow the pp's directions for lanolizing but recently bought a wool wash all in one product that washes and lanolizes and like that a lot. I was scared of wool at first too but I really like it now. I only use it for nighttime though. I decided to try it b/c I wanted something breathable for nighttime -- dd was waking up red if she wore pul and having a breathable cover has really made a difference for her.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:54 AM   #4
kangasox
Registered Users
seller

I have a loveybums wool wrap that I tried to start out with wool and it's great. I'm getting more! You do have to handwash it and lanolize, but I wash it every week or so and lanolize every few. It's really not hard at all and a great cover. We've had no redness with it and my husband even readily uses it!
kangasox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:54 AM   #5
kangasox
Registered Users
seller

I have a loveybums wool wrap that I tried to start out with wool and it's great. I'm getting more! You do have to handwash it and lanolize, but I wash it every week or so and lanolize every few. It's really not hard at all and a great cover. We've had no redness with it and my husband even readily uses it!
kangasox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:40 AM   #6
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangasox View Post

Our first wool was a baby beehinds wrap, which I still love, but hardly reach for anymore. Our second woolies were Loveybums wraps -- the crepe works great under clothes.

We mostly use wool as clothing rather than wraps these days -- it saves me a step when dressing my fast toddler.
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:49 AM   #7
sradke1024
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey! I LOVE my wool soakers from CCBaby (on Facebook) super affordable $10-$12, custom made and Janna is awesome! Tell her I sent you!
Oh yeah, we use fitteds under wool

Last edited by sradke1024; 09-30-2010 at 09:52 AM.
sradke1024 is offline   Reply With Quote