Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #11
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A few questions

The snaps are light and easy to use. They don't interfere with any of baby's moving around or sitting. You can just change flat or prefolds and reuse cover as long as it is not soiled

Advertisement

babyrosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #12
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Using pfs and covers I would say 3 dozen pfs and about 6 covers...
Old 03-14-2011, 11:03 AM   #13
momof4maniacs
Registered Users
seller

So pfs would be like a gerber cloth diaper where a flat is more like a blanket and then just folded?
momof4maniacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #14
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The Ferber diaper is a flat. If you took that and folded it so there were 4 layers on each side and 8 in the middle ( a rectangle), that would be a pf. You can go to greenmountaindiapers.com . A lot of ppl like their pfs (it's what I use). They also sell thirsties and bummis covers and snappies and other stuff and tell you how to fold pfs if that is what you end up using.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #15
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The Ferber diaper is a flat. If you took that and folded it so there were 4 layers on each side and 8 in the middle ( a rectangle), that would be a pf. You can go to greenmountaindiapers.com . A lot of ppl like their pfs (it's what I use). They also sell thirsties and bummis covers and snappies and other stuff and tell you how to fold pfs if that is what you end up using.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #16
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Six diapers and two covers is definitely not enough! You should have at least as many diapers as your baby will use in a day - and that's if you want to wash every day. 24 inserts and 4 covers would be the minimum, I'd say. You should try the Angel fold or Bikini Twist if you are having alot of poo on the cover. They will also make the diaper trimmer, even unfastened inside a cover.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #17
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

Why aren't you using GroVia inserts? Honestly, I am not a fan of AI2 systems, because poop always seemed to get on the cover and I ended up changing the cover everytime. I figured if I was going to have to change everytime, I would just prefer to invest in AIOs or fitteds.

Whether you stay with GroVia or chose another system, you are going to need 24 inserts and 6 covers.

I would personally recommend getting rid of the hybrid and getting pockets or all-in-ones but that really is personal preference.
Check put Kawaii diapers.

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
ISO: BG sized AIOS in working condition AND Imagine Flats in Tree Friends print.
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #18
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

ditto to the others, one of the hardest things about cding is figuring out what works for you. there is no way that 6 inserts and 2 covers is enough for 1 day! not for a baby as young as yours sounds, and even for my toddler, if would be a close call and would only work if we had a very perfect day . i think some of your frustration might be helped by getting a few more diapers so you have some breathing room and don't constantly have to worry about running out.

also, i will say, we use grovia pretty much exclusively, and i do love them. BUT, i don't know how old your baby is, i personally find that i don't like them on a nb, or on a baby that poops frequently no matter the age (some babies just do, and i think probably ai2s wouldn't work well for them). we started using them when ds was 3 or 4 months old and he was pooping once or twice a day. because, yes, poop will almost always get on the cover. that is the nature of ai2s, how could it not? there's nothing to contain it. but now that ds only poops once or twice a day, it's no big deal, the cover generally needs to be changed then anyways, so when he poops, we change the cover, otherwise we reuse it. when he was a nb, we would have had to change the cover like 10 times a day and that would drive me crazy! we used fittedes and covers for his nb days. even then, the poop got on the cover more often than not, but at least it wasn't as bad and sometimes we could reuse the cover after a poop. the younger the baby, the more covers they need as a general rule. i'd say at least 6-10 covers and 24-30 diapers/inserts if you want to wash every other day for a young baby, for my toddler we have 8 shells and about 20 inserts and that allows us to go about every 2 days. so, if you think that flats and prefolds sound interesting, give them a try. no reason you can't use any of the covers you already have to go over them, that will work just fine. if you find you don't like those, try some fittedes under the covers, those were my personal favorites for a nb. hths!

Last edited by Liadan23; 03-14-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #19
momof4maniacs
Registered Users
seller

What are fitteds? And my kids are two and almost seven months.
momof4maniacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #20
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

fittedes basically go on like a disposable, they usually close with snaps or velcro and have elastic around the legs, but you need a cover to go over them. the ones we used were kissaluvs and thirsties fab fitted
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote