Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2017, 11:56 AM   #1
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

A couple nb pictures - GMD nb muslin flats

Just thought I'd add a few photos of some newborn diapers just for reference. I'll add more as I'm able to.

GMD newborn muslin flat, she's 6 lbs 9 oz here. I folded it down to square and then did an origami fold. The rise looks to short, but I just have it too far up in the back and she's a wiggler. Would fit an even smaller newborn too. Since it's a rectangle shape, I'm not sure what other folds to do once she's bigger. Maybe just padfold?

And a blueberry mini coverall over it.

Thirsties Natural Newborn AIO, she's probably 7 lbs here.

And stretched out. The fit is good around her chicken legs. I don't think these are fully prepped, but I have some doubts about the absorbancy being enough when she's older.

Advertisement

apeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:08 PM   #2
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Re: A couple nb pictures - GMD nb muslin flats

Just throwing in my two cents about the Thirsties Naturals... they held a ton for us when they were fully prepped. Never had a leak with those, no matter how saturated they got!
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:06 PM   #3
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Just throwing in my two cents about the Thirsties Naturals... they held a ton for us when they were fully prepped. Never had a leak with those, no matter how saturated they got!
I put one on right after this post, she was in it probably too long, and it held everything in, including a huge poop. So I think the prepping was the issue.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:36 AM   #4
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

Not sure if anyone cares, but with further usage, the nb muslin flats hold the most. 2-3 hours at night and they are still partially dry. Prefolds haven't been leaking, but their saturated at 2 hours. The thirsties nb naio last 1.5 hours, at 2 hours it's leaked and saturated her clothes. I think partially because she has such skinny chicken legs. I've also tried small fuzzibunz and thirsties size 1 aio, they both lasted about an hour.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:14 PM   #5
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeeling View Post
Not sure if anyone cares, but with further usage, the nb muslin flats hold the most. 2-3 hours at night and they are still partially dry. Prefolds haven't been leaking, but their saturated at 2 hours. The thirsties nb naio last 1.5 hours, at 2 hours it's leaked and saturated her clothes. I think partially because she has such skinny chicken legs. I've also tried small fuzzibunz and thirsties size 1 aio, they both lasted about an hour.

Of course we care! We are the crazy diaper ladies.

That's awesome!
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:05 PM   #6
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeeling View Post
That's good to know, thanks. Any updates?

I sure wish GMD would make a square newborn flat.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:31 AM   #7
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I loved the neat fold. Doesn't care if the flats are rectangular.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! 2T Nght Fitted Trainer, Baby Wearing
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:41 PM   #8
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

She's just under 12lbs in the upper pic.

Now that she's not nursing all the time these last a little longer. I add a doubler if I think she might nap in it. (she has a thirsties fab doubler on in the top pic, so it's pretty fluffy.)

As for the flats, I still use them. I haven't bothered fastening them in a while since she poops once every 2-3 days now. at one point I did fold them in half and attach them like a prefold, but pad folding gets more absorbency in the wet zone. I think it's somewhat similar in absorbency as a small birdseye flat, but that isn't anything scientific.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:30 AM   #9
loving my family
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh my gosh she is absolutely beautiful!!
loving my family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:55 PM   #10
rigashi
Registered Users
seller

I really want some muslin flats now! Baby is too cute