Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2007, 07:41 PM   #1
luckyduckies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
lots of newborn questions

How do tri-folded prefolds work with bf poo??

How many diapers do you "need" for a newborn?

What are good diapers for tiny 5-7lb newborns?

What weight does a BG one size really fit?any pics?

Anyone want to share the size difference in a XS vs S BG aios?

best newborn covers?

any newborn tips from btdt?

Advertisement

luckyduckies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:50 PM   #2
NatureandNurture
Registered Users
Formerly: Falls-Acre
seller

Re: lots of newborn questions

My LO is now 2 weeks old, so here goes...

How do tri-folded prefolds work with bf poo??
Tri-folds are okay, but they do not hold in the BF poo. Newspaper fold works best for us, I have only ever had 1 leak with that fold and it was my own fault (didn't get it tight enough at the leg).

How many diapers do you "need" for a newborn?
I have about 6 dozen PFs, she goes through about 15-18 a day. More on some days, less on others. I like to be able to have dipes to put on her so I'm not rushing to wash, so 3 dozen should be plenty.

What are good diapers for tiny 5-7lb newborns?
Preemie PFs are best for this. I wound up buying a dozen of them anyway even though dd was 8 lbs at birth (down to 7.5 when we left hospital). I still use these tri-folded in a BSWW during the day sometimes.

What weight does a BG one size really fit?any pics?
Ummm... we haven't tried one on her yet, but I will see if I can tomorrow.

Anyone want to share the size difference in a XS vs S BG aios?
Can't answer this one.

best newborn covers?
Stay away from the Dappi pull-ons!! They will not fit the legs unless you have a monster-thigh newborn, which I've never seen honestly. I love the BSWW covers, but the SB fleece covers are great too. And, of course, wool covers.

any newborn tips from btdt?
I'm not sure what btdt means, but all I can say is... if you've never done it before (I hadn't), don't worry cause you'll catch on FAST.

Amiguramist extraordinaire!
http://hyenacart.com/NatureandNurture/

Last edited by NatureandNurture; 03-06-2007 at 07:53 PM.
NatureandNurture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:14 PM   #3
rainbowbrite812
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok, haven't cd'd a nb yet, but i do plan on getting about 2 dozen preemie pfs, i don't know about folds since we use pockets & aio's on max. i have a bg1 os and i don't see it fitting a 6-7lber, i see more of a 9lb on up...i do have an xs bg aio and plan on getting many more and while they are pretty tiny, my sez nb pocket is MUCH MUCH tinier than this...i also plan on getting more of these too.

i know that i'm a pocket person, and being used to sposie nb blowouts, i won't mind if a get a blowout or two from pockets, afterall, i'm already used to it from sposies. anyway, this is what i plan on getting/having:

4 sez nb
4 xs bg aio
4 xs fb (maybe more)
1-2 dz preemie pfs
1 pr longies
2 covers, probably bsww or imse vimse and a fleece cover
about 6 or so nana's bottoms nb aios, maybe 2 or 3 of her fitteds too.

i have 6-7lbs babes, so i'm sure this will all fit. a friend of mine is selling me her sm fbs, and i've got med on so i'm sure this will be all i'll need. i know that once we are out of the icky poo stage that it'll be only pockets or aios for this babe too.

10% off code for Oliver's Labels, perfect for back to school! use code KBPG0808
rainbowbrite812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #4
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

How do tri-folded prefolds work with bf poo?? I didn't trifold prefolds with my newborn, but I can't imagine this would work well for those explosive, newborn, breastfed poops. The newspaper fold or angel wing fold worked best on my babies.

How many diapers do you "need" for a newborn? Depends on how often you want to wash. I used 12-14 diapers per day on my newborns. To be ultra safe I would get 14 times the # of days you want to go between washings plus 6. For instance if you want to wash every 2 days, get 34 diapers--you'll use approximately 28 during the 2 days, then you'll have 6 to use while the others are being washed.

What are good diapers for tiny 5-7lb newborns? I like fitteds best on newborns. Kissaluv 0s (lacking in the absorbency department but okay if you change frequently) and newborn Mutts are great.

What weight does a BG one size really fit?any pics? I don't know particularly about the bG, but IMO one-sized dipes generally don't fit well until babies are around 10 pounds.

Anyone want to share the size difference in a XS vs S BG aios? Can't help here.

best newborn covers? I liked wool wraps the best (Loveybums, Little Beetle, and Stacinator in that order.) Proraps also work well, they have the added bonus of an umbilical cutout. Bummis SWW work well, too.

any newborn tips from btdt? Be sure to have plenty of wipes (if you are using cloth wipes)...my babies pooped so much that I used a lot of them.

Last edited by Psychomom; 03-07-2007 at 08:44 AM.
Psychomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:45 PM   #5
luckyduckies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thats girls these are great
luckyduckies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #6
twinflana
Registered Users

How do tri-folded prefolds work with bf poo?? I agree with the others newspaper fold is great!!!

How many diapers do you "need" for a newborn? I am rotating 12 prefolds right now with 12 kissaluv's doing laundry every other day

What are good diapers for tiny 5-7lb newborns? My new foster son weighs 6lbs and I am using newborn prefolds and they are working great

What weight does a BG one size really fit?any pics? I have 2 of these and they dont work on newborns at all they are way to bulky

Anyone want to share the size difference in a XS vs S BG aios? [/B]Can't help here

best newborn covers? I like wool Stacinator stretch wool or thirstie covers

any newborn tips from btdt? Be sure to have plenty of wipes (if you are using cloth wipes) I will second that one, oh and disposable wipes just arent as good you will wind up using way to many of them. Dont waste alot of money on newborn diapers they outgrow them so quickly.
twinflana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:42 PM   #7
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

I have both the XS BG and the SM BG AIO, though, I am not sure on what you mean to compare it. There is def a size difference, the XS will fit completely inside the SM, did you want me to measure them both? Like from end to end and side to side? Sorry, I am not sure how to compare them. I didn't have the XS when we had the little one, only the small and it wouldn't fit her til she was about 8lbs or so, the XS looks like it would have fit her alot earlier.