Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2007, 07:53 AM   #1
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Mom's who are training?

Starting to buy a small stash of trainers. Which type work the best, not brand as I've figured that out with fit.

AIO trainers
Cotton ie a non waterproof trainer
no trainers just underware

How many of each? TIA

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2007, 08:04 AM   #2
Mommy2Triplets
Banned

Re: Mom's who are training?

What brand did you decide on?
Mommy2Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:11 AM   #3
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i like non waterproof so i can tell when she is wet
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:13 AM   #4
jendodson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would like to know what brand you found that you like too?

I have 10 trainers coming total, plus I had bought 2 MOE Overnight undies (they both have leaked though, and last night I had even added a doubler!!)

I am hoping 10 trainers are enough to get away with doing the wash only every other day so I can throw them in with DS CD.... but, my eldest is a stubborn trainer!!
SAHM to DS (7/8/03) and DS#2 (9/28/06)
jendodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:33 AM   #5
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our two favorite trainers are from Cloth Thoughts and SNAP-EZ.

I bought several others but found these to fit the best. (Don't want to bash...since it's really a fit thing)

Cloth Thoughts:
Bought one AIO trainer that is PUL outside and velour in. Probably will use this for trips out. It's very absorbant and even has a pocket to add more.

Love the fitted trainers. Very cute, side snap and has velour inside and some absorbancy.

SNAP-EZ:
Bought two different ones too. Love them both. The cotton trainers are my favorite because they are so soft and cute. The AIO works great too, even now that he's not really trying it holds a lot of pee and is very easy to get on and off.

Our guy is pretty tall and thin. Both of these fit him really well in the legs and waist.

I figured I'd need about 12. I think I'll keep him in diapers for naps and nights for a while. Then I have SNAP-EZ Nap-ez to use... I haven't tried these yet. They're big still.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:56 AM   #6
jendodson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJane View Post
Our two favorite trainers are from Cloth Thoughts and SNAP-EZ.

I bought several others but found these to fit the best. (Don't want to bash...since it's really a fit thing)

Cloth Thoughts:
Bought one AIO trainer that is PUL outside and velour in. Probably will use this for trips out. It's very absorbant and even has a pocket to add more.

Love the fitted trainers. Very cute, side snap and has velour inside and some absorbancy.

SNAP-EZ:
Bought two different ones too. Love them both. The cotton trainers are my favorite because they are so soft and cute. The AIO works great too, even now that he's not really trying it holds a lot of pee and is very easy to get on and off.

Our guy is pretty tall and thin. Both of these fit him really well in the legs and waist.

I figured I'd need about 12. I think I'll keep him in diapers for naps and nights for a while. Then I have SNAP-EZ Nap-ez to use... I haven't tried these yet. They're big still.

I have found that the cloth thought trainers are my favorite too! Too bad she is not taking any orders right now (my DS is tall and skinny too)
SAHM to DS (7/8/03) and DS#2 (9/28/06)

Last edited by jendodson; 03-06-2007 at 08:58 AM.
jendodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:59 AM   #7
ummabbaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

which ones do you like most when #2 accidents happen? I need to start training my son and was looking into anything with snaps. I don't want to pull *anything* down his legs.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:46 AM   #8
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was worried about that too. Velour is about as easy as fleece for poop. Washes off really easily. The side snap are an absolute must as well. Love that about them. I have found that the sherpa ones are good for the feel of being wet, but if they have a poop accident not as easy to have poop come off. Just happened once so far.... but I'll be putting on velour inners when I'm expecting it just in case. HTH
Old 03-06-2007, 10:55 AM   #9
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are just starting to PL. I just keep dd in her FBs for now & unsnap at potty time. WHen she is consistently dry/telling me she has to go, then we are moving right to the Gerber cloth undies (with no pants).

For now though, our PLing is only mornings, getting dressed time, nap time, after nap, when one of us has to go, bath & bedtime. Just to give her the chance to try but without pressure, kwim?
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:04 AM   #10
Hillbilly Bunny
Registered Users

My Mood:

Zoe has been PLing for 3 weeks now and doing awesome! She even poos in the potty!!!

I like the typical gerber cloth trainers for ease of use and drying fast, but I have 2 Imse Vimse trainers that have a inner of PUL for going out.

I'm waiting on 2 PC OV two layer undies. If they fit great then I'll add a few more to my stash

We haven't tried naps or night, yet.