Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:

hahaha. Okay I've been watching the adds on tv, and with spring break coming up i'm tempted to try it! any reviews?

╰☆╮Athena-Mommy to Gabriel Kai 2/24/11 And one Pitbull~April
*Kai&Mommy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: P90X

my husband loves it, our two best friends used it too and love it. they still do the cardio and stuff to keep in shape. I on the other hand liked it but im way way way out of shape so it was hard for me to keep up with. my dh says thats the point and if i ever did it more than one time i would get better but i just decided to stay pregnant and not have to work Ive always heard that its hard but it works so keep with it.
kathygriffin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I chose Insanity because all you need is your body, a yoga mat, the DVDs, and a bottle of water. With P90X you need more lol

I totally recommend any of those two. They do work.
Partner to an awesome man.
Mom to two boys (13 and 7) and a little girl that came when she was supposed to despite our plans (June 2013)
Stepmom to two girls, 21 and 6.
Midwife@heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #4
Registered Users

I've done Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire and both of those I think work better for me as a female. Beach Body has a ton of different programs -- not just P90X or Insanity [which both are great] -- so I think it's worth weighing your options out on how you prefer to workout. My husband loves Insanity, I love anything with Chalene .
Mindy::Navy Wife to Rich [09.07.08]::Mommy to Cecilia [04.17.09] and Joshua [05.10.11]::::still finding my way around the crunchy lifestyle
usmingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

i've done turbo jam, slim in 6, P90X and insanity. i like insanity best, but P90X is a close second. i love the workouts (i love push ups and pull ups!) but i need more cardio, so when i was doing it i was still running. that's why i like insanity, way more cardio.
Jenna - wife to Harrison since 2007, and proud mama to miss Matilda Quinn(Sept-06-11) and mr Felix Byron (May-25-13)
jennayoung99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #6
Registered Users

I love my insanity. I'm in month 2 right now. Didn't stick to a strict diet for month 1 and still lost over 8" from my body and 9lbs. I like the work outs are short and effective. I can do it while the kids play. Month 2 is 10 min longer pretty much. I'm working on sticking to clean eating this time too. I haven't done P90x yet, but I have the tapes too. I was thinking of doing them next but have to buy all the stuff for it too. I found insanity cheap on craigslist.
Jen, Wife & SAHM to 4 miracle preemies Avery, Calla, Elliott & Oliver. Forever missing Abigail born too soon with trisomy 18 & our other 16 angels.
Follow my money saving-recipe blog!
MaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #7
Registered Users
My Mood:

Dh & I just started P90X yesterday! We loved the first workout. It was challenging but fun. It was basically a mix of various styles of pull ups, push ups and intense ab work. I'm a runner, and not about to give that up, so I will likely be subbing that for the cardio portions of P90X if I can't handle doing both due to time constraints. Can't give up my running! I basically wanted P90X for a mix up to my strength training, since I felt like I'd hit a plateau over the last few months. So far, I think we're going to enjoy it, especially since we're doing it together.
Happily married 25yrs Mama to 10, Nana to 1
dd24 married & mama to 1, dd22, dd17, ds15, dd13, dd10, dd8, ds7, ds4 & ds1
And 3 Angel Babies(1-2010)(9-2010)(9-2013)
shreck is offline   Reply With Quote