Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-30-2010, 11:04 AM   #11
BabyD'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: I just knew it, I had this feeling - - pics

Congrats mama! Everything will work out. It is normal to have confused feelings. Hoping you have a H&H 9 months. Tell people when *you* are ready. There isn't any rush!

Advertisement

Old 03-30-2010, 11:07 AM   #12
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

I had to send your way.

Also on a side note I think I might have mentioned this before but your surro babies have mine and Dh's birthdays. That is weird coincidence.

Giant and congrats on the LO
Old 03-30-2010, 11:24 AM   #13
flame_chick
Registered Users
seller
seller

My brother just turned 21, and we all have tickets to go to Vegas next week.... ugh, I can't keep it secret during the trip, everyone will wonder why Im not drinking... its only for 1 1/2 days, and I am not a big drinker, so maybe I can pull it off. I just dont think that is enough time to process this, but who knows..
also Paul is always asking when my period is, and if I have gotten it, well usually I tell him etc. and then hell be asking if Im ovulating (so hell know weather to wear a condom or not), of course I can tell him no, cause technically Im not ovulating..
oh it just feels wrong to tell him, cause I know he will be sooo stressed out over it, and I dont want to see him like that. even though Im stressed and nervous, I can get a handle on it and not let it affect me too bad, I get over things pretty quickly. but it also feels wrong to keep it secret... doesnt help that time seems to be flying, and my lil girls are now 4 and 5 already!

Last edited by flame_chick; 03-30-2010 at 11:26 AM.
flame_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:26 AM   #14
flame_chick
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylaeomommy View Post
I had to send your way.

Also on a side note I think I might have mentioned this before but your surro babies have mine and Dh's birthdays. That is weird coincidence.

Giant and congrats on the LO
thanks for the
I think that is so neat the surro bubs share both your b-days that is too wierd & cool of course
Old 03-30-2010, 02:02 PM   #15
jo_mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think I know exactly what you are feeling right now. My DH and I didn't prevent for about a year with no happy accidents, and then I decided to take on a surro project with some close friends. We had a hard year of meds and 2 failed GS attempts before all parties decided to call it quits. DH and I went back to not preventing and we were pregnant a month later. We weren't really expecting it, and so it felt very surreal and scary.
I think my big problem was that we had tried so hard to make me pregnant for our friends - lots of money and time and needles and medicine and prayers and "sticky thoughts" - and it didn't work. They/we wanted those babies more than anything. Now, here I was a month later having not tried much at all and on the fence about being pregnant.
I told DH right away. I was too overwhelmed to deal with it alone, but he was kinda excited. He's always surprised me like that. We also told our friends, the "intended parents", pretty early on and they are thrilled for us.

Support my WAHM dreams?
www.josasser.com
jo_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:41 PM   #16
calleiah
Registered Users
seller

I was in your shoes the day after Christmas! Watched a triphase thermal shift on my temps, knew what it meant and I was soooo scared. Took the test, got the line. DH has been in the middle of a year long company merger and he's got some responsibilities that had him on edge and stressed totally out. It took me a while to calm myself down, and compose some thoughts for DH. I didnt try anything cutesy because I knew that would not go over well.

So first take a deep breath. Give yourself a few days to absorb. Let your head adjust to the thoughts. If DH asks, be honest. When you're ready to tell him, just find a quiet private place and make sure you have no other time constraints. That way you can tell him, discuss it, and give him some adjusting time too.

calleiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #17
flame_chick
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by calleiah View Post
I was in your shoes the day after Christmas! Watched a triphase thermal shift on my temps, knew what it meant and I was soooo scared. Took the test, got the line. DH has been in the middle of a year long company merger and he's got some responsibilities that had him on edge and stressed totally out. It took me a while to calm myself down, and compose some thoughts for DH. I didnt try anything cutesy because I knew that would not go over well.

So first take a deep breath. Give yourself a few days to absorb. Let your head adjust to the thoughts. If DH asks, be honest. When you're ready to tell him, just find a quiet private place and make sure you have no other time constraints. That way you can tell him, discuss it, and give him some adjusting time too.

I would love to do something cute, I have tons of ideas. but I know Paul would have a heart attack, and if he survived that he'd just develop an ulcer... oh gosh, telling him is the part that is killing me, oh and my mom too. ohhh, gosh.
My BFF is having her 1st baby Thurs April 1st and I was thinking of giving him "the look" then, but it being Aprils Fools day I don't think hed like that too much, or he might not even believe me... and THAT would suck
Old 03-30-2010, 03:50 PM   #18
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I knew Joel would have reacted badly to me doing anything cutesy too, or a flat out admission. He had been asking me when my period was coming, and several days after I took that first test, I told him, honey.. I am several days late. He asked if I had any tests, and I told him no (that was true, I used a old test I had hanging around). So he asked me to pick one up the next day and he had some time to sort through his thoughts about how he felt about either outcome before he knew the result. He was still pretty upset the day I took the test(s) he made me take four before he'd believe it. But as the days went on, he settled down and realized that there was no going back and we might as well be happy about it. He can't wait to get his hands on his baby boy now. I know, gosh do I ever know how sick with worry you are right now. Be completely honest with him about your feelings. It's easier somehow to know that both of you have some trepidation about such a huge change.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #19
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame_chick View Post
My brother just turned 21, and we all have tickets to go to Vegas next week.... ugh, I can't keep it secret during the trip, everyone will wonder why Im not drinking... its only for 1 1/2 days, and I am not a big drinker, so maybe I can pull it off. I just dont think that is enough time to process this, but who knows..
also Paul is always asking when my period is, and if I have gotten it, well usually I tell him etc. and then hell be asking if Im ovulating (so hell know weather to wear a condom or not), of course I can tell him no, cause technically Im not ovulating..
oh it just feels wrong to tell him, cause I know he will be sooo stressed out over it, and I dont want to see him like that. even though Im stressed and nervous, I can get a handle on it and not let it affect me too bad, I get over things pretty quickly. but it also feels wrong to keep it secret... doesnt help that time seems to be flying, and my lil girls are now 4 and 5 already!
I understand about the worry in telling your husband. With this pregnancy I told him as soon as I found out and he was completely shocked!!! How did this happen is what he said. We only were together a couple times and I said it only takes once. Then I did not mention it again and it gave him time to process it. Now of course he is ok with it as it is a fact and will be happening. He did not really want a fourth child though he knew I wanted another. As well it was a shock to me too, even though I thought it might occur, I really did not think it would!!!! A good shock, but still a shock!!!

As far as drinking I have been there. When I had a cold I was just honest and said I was not drinking because I was sick, tired or just said I might have one later. I don't know if my in laws suspected or not, I don't think they really did. So if you don't drink, don't worry about it, it might not even phase them. Or just order non alcohlic drinks, then they won't know difference.

I am also a WAHM who sells Avon and Regal gifts. Please e-mail me for a catalogue or website catalogue link

Last edited by Carey-Anne; 03-30-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Carey-Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:57 PM   #20
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love the dollar tree tests, mine always seem to come up super dark.
Congrats, btw
I took my dollar tree test on monday morning by the time I flushed, washed my hands, etc the line was beaming back at me. My LMP was 3/1/10...so I'm one day ahead of you!

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote