Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #101
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: Anyone considering vasectomy an option?

I guess there is always a possibility of a long term serious side effect, no matter what you choose.

Condoms could break and cause a baby.
IUD could implant in your uterus.
Pill could cause blood clots and possibly increase risk of some cancers.

I can't think of any preventive that is 100% without risk. I guess unless you want to have babies until menopause, you just gotta pick your poison! Lol

Advertisement

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #102
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
I guess there is always a possibility of a long term serious side effect, no matter what you choose.

I can't think of any preventive that is 100% without risk. I guess unless you want to have babies until menopause, you just gotta pick your poison! Lol
Yep, exactly!
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #103
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki

Lol!

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Old 10-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #104
marshmallowpuff
Registered Users

We originally wanted 5 children. It took literally one try and we conceived. I had a horrendous pregnancy (morning sickness that lasted almost the entire 9 months, migraines, pain in my leg that was so bad I had a hard time walking sometimes). Then my labor/delivery were HORRIBLE. I was in tremendous pain. We immediately decided we would never do that again. Then our baby had difficulty nursing and is considered "high needs" or "spirited", so doesn't sleep normally and is very demanding. It cemented the decision for us because neither of us has coped well.

We waited over a year, then dh went in. The procedure was no big deal, he actually was in a super good mood after. He had a week of being 'cautious', but was fine. No pain or other side effects and we are a few months out.

We are a very natural family, but this was still the best option for us. I think the risks of side effects are no worse than any birth control method for women. Either way there is a risk just by avoiding. Having another was out of the question, my hormones are still out of whack a year and a half out. It was a great decision, we are extremely satisfied with it and would do it again given the choice.
marshmallowpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #105
Bot Girl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
This is us as well, I wanted my dh to get a vasectomy after our last baby was born. He was 100% against it but after hearing my reasons for wanting him to do it so badly, he finally started researching and when he found out about the complications and side affects he sat down with me and talked to me about why he did not want it done.
We are back to square 1, I am terrified about getting pregnant again, hormonal bc is not something I want to deal with so just condoms are being used and they are expensive as heck but we have no other options.
You can buy condoms in bulk for cheap on Amazon I just bought 100 for $13
Bot Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #106
KaliShanti
Registered Users
seller

We are considering one. I am 34 weeks pregnant with baby 4. We are considering it for many reasons:
- no house room. In 1100sq ft we are cramped as is
-finances while of course can change have been tight for years
- my DH is a good dad but has not much patience with kids. I think having several more at least would be very trying on him/ our marriage
- I am very fertile and we conceived out last baby while nursing, charting every sign, using cervical cap, etc. I am only 32 and have years of fertility ahead of me.
- pregnancy, while generally healthy, is very tough on me. I get prenatal depression and anxiety badly. I can't sleep due to restless legs syndrome. I have hard BH contractions from first trimester on.
- I have an extreme hormonal sexual reaction when I'm not cycling. As in, sex literally is painful unless I'm cycling. I've had good sex a handful of months out if the last 7 years, since pretty much if I'm cycling then I get pregnant within one or two cycles. DH and I would like intimacy to be pleasurable on both sides, not gritting my teeth every time.
- I do not believe in using hormonal birth control and surgery for me is wayyyyy more pricey and risky than for him.

So.... We are considering it.

Last edited by KaliShanti; 11-01-2013 at 10:18 PM.
KaliShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #107
mommymartindvm
Registered Users

My Mood:

My husband had one last week which I was not supportive of. I feel like the decision not to have anymore children has been taken away from me. His point was that he was older (10 years older than myself) and we already have 3. But I feel that he has always been older than me and when we were dating we would talk about 3 maybe 4 children. And he didn't want me to have my third child. Honestly I feel lied to. I don't know what to do.
mommymartindvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #108
lindsayrebecca
Registered Users

@mommymartindvm so sorry that happened between you and your husband

we had our 1st child 6 months ago—our surprise pregnancy 2 months after getting married, doing NFP (obviously very poorly!!) + barrier methods during fertile times. have always had a super irregular cycle (30-90 days!) so it was really hard to track & we're terrified about trying THAT again, we don't feel morally right about any hormonal BC that prevents implantation, DH *hates* condoms [will look into lambskin though—thanks for the tip!], I'm allergic to normal spermicide so I had ordered a FemCap + natural spermicide but never even got to use it after I ordered it before I got pregnant haha...not too confident in my ability to use that correctly anyway... so I'm pulling my hair out over our options!

so a V seemed like an amazing & freeing & we had talked about it ever since I got pregnant—DH is sure that he doesn't want more biological children, but doesn't want to keep me from having more if I want, so he's leaving it up to me to consider. we were counseled to take at least a few months after the baby got here to think about it... DH always knew he wanted 0-1 biological kids & has always felt a strong desire to adopt, whereas I always thought I'd have 1-2 biologically before adopting, but I'm pretty much at the point where I'm sure I don't want to be pregnant and go through labor and the newborn stage again—I think I'm more into the kid stage than the baby stage :P we are both only 24 years old, so it'd be kind of uncoventional, but we both really want to adopt lots of kids & want to use our resources for that rather than having more of our own!

so my dad had the surgery & we know friends who have as well, but now since reading this thread & looking up the complications, I'm so worried about it! had no idea that chronic pain was so common... I'm sure pain would be much worse on your sex life than any sort of BC, and so expensive to correct if you had to deal with that. now I feel like I have to go back to the idea of NFP + overly-careful/frequent barrier usage....ugh, that's ONE thing I miss about pregnancy at least—not having to worry about all of this!!

unless we just wait to see if this RISUG technique gets approved in the US in a few years! anyone hear about this? : http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/0...asectomy/all/1
lindsayrebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #109
HLStrath
Registered Users
seller

@mommymartindvm sorry you have to go through that I'd feel so hurt. I hope you are ok.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:57 AM   #110
rashell
Registered Users
seller

DH is up for it and so am I. Bring it on
rashell is offline   Reply With Quote