Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
Kysonsmom
Registered Users
seller

help! My 3 and a half month old wont stay alseep!

My 3 and a half month old son has never been a good sleeper but recentaly he has taken to waking up evey hour and screaming he will refuse to go back to sleep unless hes being held, rocked or nursed. After hes asleep ill put him back into his bed(in our room) and he will instantly wake up and scream i've tried him sleeping beside me and nursing him to sleep while im on my side but then he will still wake up evey two hours! he will sleep during the day for about 3 hours but ONLY in his swing he hates car rides so thats out of the question too. I try to swaddle him or else he will scratch his face and head to the point of cuts but he doesnt like being swaddled so were using sctrach mits

We have tried
-the sleep sheep
-bedtime music
-swaddle (he breaks out of it)
-Relex wedge
-soothers
-humdifier/fan
-w/ and w/ out a night light

Any one have any ideas or suggestions? this whole sleep thing is driveing the whole house crazy! lol

Advertisement

Kysonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: help! My 3 and a half month old wont stay alseep!

I hate to say it, but this is sooo normal, my dear! Your LO just likes closeness and frankly, you bring him comfort and relaxation. It's harder for some babies than others to adjust to life outside of the womb. I know it seems like an inconvenience, but you're gonna have to create a new normal and it's completely okay! Don't compare your child to anyone else's and just do what you have to do. This age is such an early age to try to sleep train. I would try to babywear more and let him sleep on you, let him sleep in the swing if that works, and pray for more patience! This really will pass I promise! Also, I think it's important to ask if he's been tested for reflux? Sometimes babies' sphincters and valves to their stomachs open and close when they are in unfavorable positions, giving them loads of discomfort. If he has reflux, he will need and enjoy sleeping inclined or upright over lying down. It's like trying to sleep when you have heartburn! But if you've had him evaluated and he doesn't show any signs of medical issues, just give him the cuddles and security he needs during this time. It can be a pain, but you will miss these times to steal these sessions because soon, you will begging him for a hug! I hope I could help even a little bit!
DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote