Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2018, 07:03 PM   #11
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Re: Diaper bags & Purses 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
My Duo

Is that the Dou single? I keep thinking of listing mine but it works nicely for a travel art supply bag. My oldest dd keeps her colored pencils, scissors, crayons ect in the outer pockets. Then color books and paper on the inside along with her kindle, chargers, and head phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2018, 07:37 PM   #12
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley76 View Post
Is that the Dou single? I keep thinking of listing mine but it works nicely for a travel art supply bag. My oldest dd keeps her colored pencils, scissors, crayons ect in the outer pockets. Then color books and paper on the inside along with her kindle, chargers, and head phones.

Yeah my single Duo. Im not a big fan of it. Its not the original Duo. Its special edition or something. I actually think Id like the original better.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:56 PM   #13
abh5e8
Registered Users

What print is it?
Old 02-03-2018, 12:47 AM   #14
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
This is all I'm using. It's got all the kids on it, plus since I sewed it the pockets are just right...like the phone pocket fits my phone exactly.

P1040019 by jen_batten, on Flickr

P1040020 by jen_batten, on Flickr
That is so cute! I hope you don't mind if I steal this idea for valentines for grandparents.

I'm currently still using the petunia pickle bottom that a friend gave me a few years ago. It's honestly not my favorite, it's huge and cumbersome. But it is cute!
apeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:15 AM   #15
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
What print is it?
I think its called French Stripes?
Old 02-03-2018, 06:18 AM   #16
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Sure! To be honest I'm not packing that much right now. My babies are older than yours.

P2020237 by jen_batten, on Flickr

There is 2 pockets on the outside, they hold my phone and keys. 3 pockets inside--one small one holds chap stick and gum. The other small one holds little notepads and pens because my littles love writing so this is their church entertainment. The bigger pocket holds a little pouch with coupons, membership cards, and the boy's paperwork.

Underneath the layer you can see, there is a gallon ziploc bag. It has a complete spare outfit for Addilyn, a pair of undies and pants for bonus kid 2 just in case. It is very rare that we use this so it's ok that it's under everything. The ziploc can double as a wetbag if needed too, like when I forget to put ours in.

Top layer--1 prefold/cover/wetbag for Addilyn. This is usually all she would need while we are out, and then as you can see there are 2 disposables if we need more. There is plenty of room to pack more stuff in if we need to as well, but this is how I usually go out for regular trips. 1 small pack of wipes--what I have in there right now is one of those little samples with like 10 wipes because I have a few I might as well use up. Normally it's one of the little refillable huggies things. Then my wallet. I do need to replace Addilyn's snack in here, which is usually a cereal bar or a small glad container of cereal or something and I just throw it in on top. It does have the potential for mess if I was hauling a lot or if I throw a lot of random stuff in it while we are out, but so far it's been great. It holds everything we need, stays reasonably organized, and has room to throw in extras as needed.
I love it Jen! I am a pretty light packer so this isnt too far off of what I pack.

I wish I had your skill. Or even a sewing machine. Lol. I used to have one and for the life of me have absolutely no clue what happened to it. How does a sewing machine go missing?
Old 02-03-2018, 07:04 AM   #17
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeeling View Post
That is so cute! I hope you don't mind if I steal this idea for valentines for grandparents.

I'm currently still using the petunia pickle bottom that a friend gave me a few years ago. It's honestly not my favorite, it's huge and cumbersome. But it is cute!
Go right ahead! Not sure I can call it my idea, I mashed a couple different ideas I found online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
I love it Jen! I am a pretty light packer so this isnt too far off of what I pack.

I wish I had your skill. Or even a sewing machine. Lol. I used to have one and for the life of me have absolutely no clue what happened to it. How does a sewing machine go missing?
Lol! My DH looses big stuff out of the shed. And he swears that someone stole it. Like he goes crazy searching for his chainsaw--that what he most commonly looses...and then his brother will bring it back months later and say thanks for letting him borrow it. And I roll my eyes (again) and say I told you no one stole it, and you really should keep track of who you loan it to. It's missing again right now actually.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:32 AM   #18
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Diaper bags & Purses 2018

We did the hand print thing for gifts years ago for our parents. We used a huge rock that was shaped as a stepping stone. We painted it first then did handprints on it with each kids names.

We did the same thing with a really big clay flower pot, it turned out so cute!

Old 02-03-2018, 08:36 AM   #19
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Diaper bags & Purses 2018

Iím a pretty light packer also. I like to have extra space in my bags empty to throw things in through out the day. I hate it when I use a small bag and then have no where for extras to be thrown.

Last edited by Kelley76; 02-03-2018 at 08:39 AM.
Kelley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:37 PM   #20
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All this bag talk made me want to unpack and repack my bag. So I switched over to my BFF and used it back pack style today. I forgot how much easier it is to wrangle kids when you arent worrying about a bag slipping off your shoulder.

The one thing I still crave in a diaper bag is the soft squishyness. I have an oversized tote/cross body purse that I love but it gets too black hole like to be used as a diaper bag I found. I love it because it is unstructured and I can shove it anywhere (read: under strollers of every shape and size) my Ju Ju Be and Skip Hops cant do that or I should say they can just not very easily.