Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2015, 08:00 PM   #1
CDingLizabelle
Registered Users
seller

Shot PUL in OBGE

Anyone ever have issues with the PUL on OBGE suddenly stop being waterproof? I don't visibly see any cracks, but the diaper was wet on the outside? What could cause that?

Advertisement

CDingLizabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:40 PM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

Re: Shot PUL in OBGE

The cracks would be on the inside of the cover, the shiny side.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:23 AM   #3
special.k.marie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Shot PUL in OBGE

Do the cup test; take the diaper and press the inside layers over the top of a cup with some water in it. Hold it firmly in place and then invert it / turn it upside down. If the PUL has issues the water will seep or drip out. (With an OBGE it may take a little while for the water to make it through the layers so be patient.)
AIOs are tricky because they may look fine but have issues leaking. I've unfortunately had that happen with 2 lots I've purchased used and for that reason I won't buy them ever again.

Looking for new earrings? Visit my etsy shop and use code DIAPERSWAPPERS20 for 20% off!
SPARKLY STRANDS
special.k.marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:27 PM   #4
imnotacodfish
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by special.k.marie View Post
Do the cup test; take the diaper and press the inside layers over the top of a cup with some water in it. Hold it firmly in place and then invert it / turn it upside down. If the PUL has issues the water will seep or drip out. (With an OBGE it may take a little while for the water to make it through the layers so be patient.)
AIOs are tricky because they may look fine but have issues leaking. I've unfortunately had that happen with 2 lots I've purchased used and for that reason I won't buy them ever again.
For speed, it helps to pour the water onto the single layer of cotton, underneath the soaker.

I noticed that problem with ones I bought used as well. Part of the reason I switched to new style. I can see for sure if the pul is bad.
imnotacodfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:46 PM   #5
special.k.marie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotacodfish View Post
For speed, it helps to pour the water onto the single layer of cotton, underneath the soaker.

I noticed that problem with ones I bought used as well. Part of the reason I switched to new style. I can see for sure if the pul is bad.

Thanks for the clarification. It's been forever since I've handled an OBGE and it slipped my mind that you could just work around the soaker.

Looking for new earrings? Visit my etsy shop and use code DIAPERSWAPPERS20 for 20% off!
SPARKLY STRANDS
special.k.marie is offline   Reply With Quote