Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Question Placenta: "Low lying," but not previa?

So today I had my 22wk checkup which included the a/s. After the scan was complete I went to the waiting room to wait for them to call my back for my appointment with the midwife. Instead the ultrasound tech came out & told me she needed me to come back again. She explained that she reported I had "partial previa" so the doctor wanted her to do a quick transvaginal scan to get a better idea of where my placenta is.

We did the scan, back to the waiting room I went, and I was finally called back for my check up. I ended up seeing the doctor because unfortunately my midwife was away delivering a baby and wasn't expected to be back anytime soon.

So the doctor quickly explained to me that my placenta was "low," near the edge of my cervix.... however it is not covering any part of my cervix (thus it is not placenta previa) like the ultrasound tech originally reported. She said "no need to worry" and rushed me out the door. I had other questions I needed to discuss but I felt so rushed and flustered because it was obvious she had other places to be. I've never left feeling that way as my midwife is always very attentive and takes her time during my visits.

Anyhow, I just wanted to see if anyone has had this same experience? Were you reported as having a "low" placenta that did NOT cover the placenta, and did everything turn out ok? I guess I'm a little concerned and wondering if it's possible for the placenta to move down like they sometimes move up, does that make sense? I'm TERRIFIED of a c-section for a handful of reasons so this has got me just a LITTLE wigged. If anything, it should move up as my uterus grows, and not down, right?

I go back in 4 weeks for my 26wk checkup and they are going to do another u/s to check babies kidneys because she was in an akward position today so they weren't able to get a good view of them, and I suspect they will probably check the placenta out then, as well.

Any feedback is much appreciated. Really disappointed in how todays appt went and bummed I didn't get to see my midwife. :/