Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
mamaktee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Advertisement

Last edited by mamaktee; 08-19-2010 at 03:37 PM.
mamaktee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would you be skeptical?

YES!! I would most definatly say something to both her and your nephew's mom! That's just wrong! It might not be a nice conversation, but that's totally uncalled for. I've threatened my kids with a spanking or a time out, but never physical harm and especially not at 3yrs old!
Old 04-09-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

its wrong to say that, but im sure shes not gonna do it.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
Gerdgrid
Formerly K****i
seller
seller

OMG! I would definitely say something.
Gerdgrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
mamaktee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennym91005 View Post
its wrong to say that, but im sure shes not gonna do it.
This is my argument (to myself ) I know she would most likely not do anything at all like that. But really why scream it at a 3yr old? And could you really be that frustrated after only telling him once not to get off the porch? I think I am more angry that the mom didn't say anything herself...I would have hit the roof! But it is pretty expected out of this "mom" to not care about anything that has to do with her children...so sad...I just don't understand how some people can birth a child and be completely careless & abusive.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
doodah
Registered Users
seller

well saying that is not okay at all although I wouldn't assume that just saying that comment makes that lady or the child's mother abusive. Definitely do not let her watch your LO in the future.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #7
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My philosophy is to never threaten/warn (I don't usually threaten, just tell them what will be the consequence of their actions) with anything that I'm not prepared to follow through with.

The way I see it is this, people don't show their true sides in public until after awhile. If she is saying this in public without care, God only knows what she has said and done when she's behind closed doors and no one was there to listen. I feel sorry for her kids and sorrier for your nephew who needs a loving mother in his life.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #8
mamaktee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
well saying that is not okay at all although I wouldn't assume that just saying that comment makes that lady or the child's mother abusive. Definitely do not let her watch your LO in the future.
I agree...although I wasn't saying my neighbor is abusive...but their mother has been known to be per her 7yr old (but who really knows for sure). I do know that DS doesn't care too much for my neighbor...which I thought was just grumpiness & wanting mommy. But almost every time she comes over he cries when she looks & talks to him. Now I don't think she has ever said/done anything to him, but have always wondered...can babies get a bad vibe from bad people and react uncomfy to those vibes? I haven't let her watch him in a long while b/c of that reason...I would never be able to rest my mind knowing he was uncomfy with the person I left him with.

I don't really feel it is my position to say anything unless I actually see something bad happen. I guess I just wanted opinions to see if I was over-reacting about my LO's future with this woman.

Thanks everyone for the advice