Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
CallysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
High fevers w/teething?

The first time this happened was when my daughter was around 16 months. She had a fever that climbed to 104.7! She was so hot to the touch. We took her to the ER and they ran so many tests and could find nothing wrong with her. No symptoms just exhausted and not eating. After a few days, the worst teeth ever (lots of pain and time) her k9 teeth broke through. Her pediatrician said maybe teething & virus, but she coincidentally will keep running high fevers, with her first set of molars, bottom molars and now top 2yr molars. I find this so fascinating! Does this happen to anybody else? She's 2 now and running 101-102 fevers, tired not hungry and has the last two top molars left to go. You really do hurt for these little ones. Some stories I hear moms see teeth in their kids mouths and would otherwise never know. I guess some kids bodies handle it harder?

Advertisement

CallysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #2
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:
Re: High fevers w/teething?

it happens more often than we think, but doctors aren't very willing to admit that teething causes feavers, vomitting, etc. my nephew and my daughter both get feavers or vomit with teething. i'm never hesitant to give her motrin and LOTS of TLC!!
Laura Josephine (3)
and William Thomas
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
BugsMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DD always had high fever when she was teething as well as diahrrea and a bad rash. Of course her dr didnt think it was from teething but it only happened when she was cutting teeth. When my DDs bottom and eye teeth came in her fever was at its highest around 102, scary stuff.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
CallysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This makes me feel better that this isn't just with my child. Why are docs so hesitant to think teething is so hard on them? My Cally used to get a rash with her incisors coming through.
CallysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:

This happened to DS the other day, he is 20 months old, and his K-9's are coming in, he had a fever of 103, I knew what was going on and just kept him cool... 1 day later, the teeth were in!
TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:15 PM   #6
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We're going through it right now. dd3 gets high fevers and vomits...it's not fun. My other children didn't seem bothered by teeth coming in. I guess all kids are different.