Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2018, 07:58 AM   #1
Blessedmama777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Stink in night diapers--normal or not?

I have three in diapers at night right now, two in diapers during the day. Two have "toddler pee" and the youngest is getting there, now that he is eating more.

The diapers are all stinky though, when peed in. The oldest and youngest use cloth at night, and it smells kind of bad in the morning. The middle one doesn't use cloth at night, due to sensitive skin, but does during the day, and his stink too.

It's a really strong urine smell. Do I need to strip my diapers, or something? Is this normal for their age? If I do need to strip them, how?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Follower of Jesus Christ, blessed and cherished wife to the most wonderful man, and happy, stay-at-home mama to our precious Christmas gifts L (2012) and J (2014) and P (2017) our springtime blessing!
Blessedmama777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:39 AM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

Re: Stink in night diapers--normal or not?

Is it just stinky pee smell or barnyard or sting your eyes ammonia? If either of the latter your diapers probably aren't getting clean enough.

Stripping is just deeper cleaning diapers that aren't getting clean regularly. So yes, but the also look into what do do/use on a regular basis and what might be different or need to be changed to get them clean.

If it's a similar smell that what the toliet/bathroom smells like after a large strong morning pee, than it may just their pee.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers

Last edited by Pixi6s; 09-14-2018 at 12:39 PM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote