Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2016, 08:11 PM   #21
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Step mom blogs/forums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Just wanted to say I'm also following this thread. I don't have personal experience with blended families but both my brothers do. A few times over, actually. They have both been married more than once and man, our whole extended family has suffered from not seeing the children.

Also, My mom was married once before and had my two brothers. She married my father later and it has always hurt so badly that they just couldn't be my brothers all the time because my dad is a jerk and made it hard. I still am very hurt that we don't really operate like my definition of a FAMILY.

My best friend also is in a blended family (her husband's first wife died) and I know how very hard she has it sometimes.

My DH's parents divorced and his dad remarried a woman with two young kids. He is a grown man and to this day he is hurt by things they do/don't do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats one thing that will always linger in my mind and always be hard is that we will never be a true 110% family... there will always be a piece of my family that belongs to someone else...

Advertisement

kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:19 PM   #22
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
Thats one thing that will always linger in my mind and always be hard is that we will never be a true 110% family... there will always be a piece of my family that belongs to someone else...

I'm sorry Mama. I know that must be hard.

Maybe you could counter that thought with, "DSS is a part of my family and no one can take that away either." Because even though you aren't his bio mom..... It will ultimately be your influence that has more power. The day in, day out Mama is what you are to him. Even if other forces try to sabotage.
:Hugs:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:29 PM   #23
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can relate to the feeling of being a split family. Dh is adopted and the last of several much older siblings. So even though legally we are related ,it has never felt like we were ever a part of the siblings. Which was a huge disappointment to me because I was so happy to be part of a big family after growing up with just one sibling. My kids don't hang out with the cousins and while they call his siblings aunt and uncle ,there is no bond with them. Everyone is civil to us but he doesn't have any of the same memories they do ,it just feels very disconnected because it is.

Last edited by booty hunter; 09-18-2016 at 10:31 PM.
booty hunter is offline   Reply With Quote