Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #11
lovexciaral
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Biokleen product reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssand23 View Post
The Alice.com site has most of their stuff on sale. I love the Bac-out but what about their other products? Anyone tried their laundry products, other spray cleaners or dish soaps? Thanks!
Love Bac-out. I've tried their liquid laundry soap. It worked well for us.

Advertisement

lovexciaral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #12
ingodslove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My sister gave me some of their soy cleaner for bathrooms...it works, but I think some homemade stuff would work just as well and be cheaper
Old 10-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #13
Chris10
Registered Users
seller
seller

Some (actually a lot) of the Biokleen products score a 4 (out of ten, ten being the best) on goodguide.com. Many score a 10, but I'd check which are considered safe for you and which aren't before buying or using them.
Chris10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #14
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssand23

I'm seeing that you would mix this to use it. To put it in a spray bottle, how much of this would you use & how much water?

Thank you for the review! They have this on sale for $4.86 for a 32 oz bottle. I'm going to look around online & compare the price.
For re-filling the spray bottle we do 1 cap full of the all purpose concentrate then fill the bottle with hot water. We have also used it in the laundry, as dish soap, and as hand soap in a pinch.
We use it all over the house, bathroom, kitchen, and floors. No smells and it's safe. I know a pp mentioned scores, but those score deduct a ton if points if the bottle doesn't disclose information, it's not always about safety or environmental impact. I don't know what scores what, but you should always look at more than just the score (example adding vitamin e to a skin care product will reduce its score by at least 2, or more depending on what the product is), always read the label and make an informed decision.

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #15
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathjez View Post
We use their liquid laundry detergents (all temp and cold water) for all our laundry. We had no problems for the first 8 months, but recently we started having some ammonia stink issues. Not sure if it is due to too much detergent, too little detergent, or just stinky-er toddler pee. So overall I would recommend them.

Anyone know how to tell if ammonia stink is due to too much or too little detergent? We use between 1/2 and 3/4 of a cap per load. We also put a little in the cold prewash - thinking about stopping that and just using 1/2 cap in the hot. Or maybe adding some oxyclean to the hot wash.
Ammonia smell is *always* a result of bacteria left behind in the diapers. Use a full scoop in your hot wash. You need plenty of detergent to wash poop and pee out of fabric. Maybe even bleach. I do a cold wash/cold rinse with a full scoop of Biokleen Premium Plus powder and then a hot wash/cold rinse with a full scoop. Bleach about once a month.

When diaper "pros" talk about problems with too much detergent, they are referring to buildup that causes synthetic fabric (fleece, microfiber, etc) to repell liquid, or to a powerful stench that is really only an issue with super hard water or low water machines. It is actually very very uncommon to have issues with too mich detergent. If you use diapers with microfiber inserts and have an HE machine, you could possibly run into that issue, but like I said, it is very rare. Much more common is using too little, as a result of those ridiculous diapering websites and care labels that tell people to use half of the normal amount, or that they MUST use CD safe detergent, or must wash on warm instead of hot. Trust me, you can baby your diapers or you can run them through the mill--I have done both and what kills diapers is simply age.

Last edited by Melinda29; 10-15-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote