Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2011, 06:34 AM   #27
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Re: January 2012!!

I'm cautiously joining... I am 14 DPO and just got a positive on the digital test this morning, after days of faint BFPs on internet cheapie tests. My EDD is 1/15/12 if you calculate from the first day of my last period, or 1/14/12 if you calculate from my ovulation date - but I know the dr's will use LMP so we'll say 1/15/12.

I had/have infertility and it took me 17 cycles to conceive my now 3.5-year-old DD. The med that finally did it for me was Prometrium. We have sort of been TTC for a year - it was not a great time to conceive for us, but we figured I wouldn't get pregnant without my meds. This cycle was my first on Prometrium and I got my BFP.

I will be calling Monday to make a dr's appt... and actually, first I have to decide where I want to go, because I am high risk for a clotting disorder and I would love a doctor that specializes in that. I found one at a hospital that is about an hour away (Northwestern), so I need to decide if it's worth the drive to deliver at a top-notch hospital and see a doctor who knows about my condition verses stay close and see the podunky doctors around here Last time, I delivered at University of Chicago, and it wasn't AWFUL, but I don't want to go back there.

Anyway, I am rambling, sorry We are not telling people till we see a heartbeat - which last time was at 6 weeks, this time it might be later depending on when they can get me in.

No symptoms yet aside from some cramping that I remember having at around this time w/ DD. I had debilitating morning sickness in my 1st pregnancy, which started around 5.5 weeks pregnant, so I guess now I should enjoy my last couple weeks of being able to eat whatever I want without gagging.

I am still feeling surreal and cautious, and a close family member went through an early m/c a couple of months ago, so I am feeling extra paranoid about that. I am hoping and praying so hard that this little miracle sticks!

Whew - sorry so long! I just can't talk to anyone except DH about this stuff IRL, and honestly I haven't talked to him about it too much because he's been working a lot, and I feel like if I talk about it too much I might jinx it somehow.

Congrats to all of you!!! Looking forward to getting to know you
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote