Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-23-2007, 08:43 AM   #11
Kestlyn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Reselling Goodmamas?!?!?!? WTH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaper'nDiva View Post
Then you should sell a brand new one for NO MORE then $33... That's my beef. People are selling them for MORE then what they paid for them... Other people stalking it and then expecting a fee for that is disgusting.

I hear you. No way I'm selling mine

Advertisement

Old 11-23-2007, 08:44 AM   #12
ashleykaymay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I agree, whole heartedly. That's what makes me mad about the whole thing... I don't have the time to stalk usually either but I have a few that I caught and well, any money I spend on Goodmamas, I feel like Suzanne deserves and people making money off of HER goods are dishonest and it makes me ill. I understand WHY they are doing it, I guess... I just think it's in very poor taste. There is a boy one on FSOT right now for $35... and it has been washed once but never worn... very tacky.
exactly. and to the pp who said that there isn't much you can do about it since people will pay the price..it is the principle of it all. would you feel good doing that to a mama? this a board to help each other, not to rip each other off.

and it costs 33.57 for first class to everyone.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:48 AM   #13
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

OK, I guess their isn't anything against once you get it. Oh well. Guess it is an unwritten common curtousy rule that some people just don't get. It isn't fair to Suzanne for someone to make money off her diapers. Espicaly if they have been worn and washed, even once. WTH are people thinking? Who cares if they are high demand. Suck it up and take the loss, sorry it didn't work but no way should you be given what you paid and shipping, and then shipping again on top. Why would I want to pay for you to have it shipped to you and then pay to have it shipped to me if it's used? Even never been washed

They are high demand and I am usually available when they stock and you don't see me buying them up and reselling them to make a few extra dollars. Urg.
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 08:53 AM   #14
myr44
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykaymay View Post
exactly. and to the pp who said that there isn't much you can do about it since people will pay the price..it is the principle of it all. would you feel good doing that to a mama? this a board to help each other, not to rip each other off.

and it costs 33.57 for first class to everyone.
Not to Canada though So I don't mind paying the 33.57$ from a mama to get a new diaper. I agree that I wouldn't want to pay more than that though. And if they're used, well that's just wrong
Old 11-23-2007, 08:57 AM   #15
ashleykaymay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myr44 View Post
Not to Canada though So I don't mind paying the 33.57$ from a mama to get a new diaper. I agree that I wouldn't want to pay more than that though. And if they're used, well that's just wrong
i have no issues with the 33.57 for a new one. especially for the canada mamas (i feel so bad for you if there was a way i could help you get them cheaper i would love to help) its just the ones asking more then that.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:57 AM   #16
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought two in a flurry of goodmama passion, but when I got them, I realized that I just wasn't as into the whole thing.. I'm reselling at the 29.50 I paid, plus whatever it costs to ship to the buying mama.. I figure my punisment for buying what I didn't really need in the first place, is to eat the original shipping. I guess for me, once I had it in hand, it just wasn't worth the money. sigh.
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 08:57 AM   #17
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

I also think a lot of it is buyers remorse. They buy one and then decide they need the money for something else (christmas).
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 08:58 AM   #18
Mom2KG
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I agree, whole heartedly. That's what makes me mad about the whole thing... I don't have the time to stalk usually either but I have a few that I caught and well, any money I spend on Goodmamas, I feel like Suzanne deserves and people making money off of HER goods are dishonest and it makes me ill. I understand WHY they are doing it, I guess... I just think it's in very poor taste. There is a boy one on FSOT right now for $35... and it has been washed once but never worn... very tacky.
Honest question, how is anyone making money off her goods? The most I have seen a brand new GM going for is $35ppd. If the person paid $33.57 and then it will cost at least $2.25 to ship to the next mama so their total out of pocket expense would be $35.82 and more if they have pp fees. So all they are doing is getting back their money, not making any additional money. I have actually bought a brand new GM off FSOT for $35ppd and I was happy to. It was a print I really wanted and it only cost me $1.47 more than it would have buying directing from GM. Worth the buck and a half to get what I wanted without sitting around my computer all day. I really don't see anything wrong with it. If someone sells a brand new one that didn't work for them I see nothing wrong with them trying to get back all their money. They aren't doing it to make a profit. The only thing that irritates me is seeing 2-3 of the same print on FSOT that people are trying to trade. It's like people are just grabbing whatever they can to bargain with later on FSOT instead of waiting for what they want to be stocked and giving everyone a fair chance at the prints they want. Anyway just my .
Mom2KG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 08:59 AM   #19
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaddon View Post
I also think a lot of it is buyers remorse. They buy one and then decide they need the money for something else (christmas).
that too.
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:01 AM   #20
TamberlyRN
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree it's supply and demand. I will say though this is not the only item this happens with - anything high demand. I got the minky craze after everyone else benefitted from the buy 2 get 1 free sale and there was a ton of people selling them for almost full price - so they made quite a profit on it. I was dumb enough to cave and buy several for $25 - some were in AWFUL shape I avoid FSOT now because I am too tired of being disappointed. I have sold high demand dipes for full price, partly because of this. But only ones that are truly new still.