Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #91
an_aurora
Registered Users

We are fostering puppies too; we have three 7 week old puppies that we have had since they were almost 4 weeks. They had an adoption event today and one of the other dog foster moms works for a local foster agency! She had her granddaughter with her and I got to love on the baby and she gave me her contact info and told me to call her and she could give me info about the agency and could cross-license me. Their clients are all SN and/or have delays and she said most are legally free or likely to become legally free.

Advertisement

an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #92
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2012 Chat Thread

Playing the waiting game again this week. I hesitate to even tell anyone anymore when we are being shown because I hate telling them if we weren't chosen. We have 2 expectant moms looking at our profile (1 for sure this week, the other either this week or next). The one looking this week is due in 2 weeks a couple states away, the other is local and is due the end of June. Here's hoping.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #93
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjs View Post
You know what you do... you just bring the kids home tell them to give him a cute smile and how can he resist? really... he's not going to send them back.
Thats the plan! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2ManyBoyz View Post
Refresh my memory...have you had a placement yet?
We arent technically licenced yet until the first but we already had to turn down a placement. We did some respite and were asked to keep them but they werent a good fit. It was hard because we met them and loved thembut they are out of out of our age range and are most likely going to RU soon. We are leaving for vacation on may 10th but hopefully we get a placement when we get home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post
We are fostering puppies too; we have three 7 week old puppies that we have had since they were almost 4 weeks. They had an adoption event today and one of the other dog foster moms works for a local foster agency! She had her granddaughter with her and I got to love on the baby and she gave me her contact info and told me to call her and she could give me info about the agency and could cross-license me. Their clients are all SN and/or have delays and she said most are legally free or likely to become legally free.
We used to foster for a basset hound rescue! We cant be licenced with any other agency i dont think. Is it typical to be able to cross license?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy View Post
Playing the waiting game again this week. I hesitate to even tell anyone anymore when we are being shown because I hate telling them if we weren't chosen. We have 2 expectant moms looking at our profile (1 for sure this week, the other either this week or next). The one looking this week is due in 2 weeks a couple states away, the other is local and is due the end of June. Here's hoping.
Fingers crossed for you again mama. I would be hesitant to share too irl but you can always come here to vent.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #94
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:

So we found out the mom that was supposedly due in 2 weeks is actually due late Jule or early July. She has had multiple children though and always had them between 33-36 weeks, so she originally told the agency she would probably deliver between May 15-30. The doctor said she seems healthy this time and expects her to make it to June though. We are still being shown, but in some ways it's nice that we will have a little more time if we are chosen to work out travel arrangements! Apparently even though she always had early arrivals, none has spent more than a week in the hospital.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #95
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow! Thats great especially for the ones towards 33 weeks. Sounds like she bakes them pretty strong! my 10 year old nephew was a 32 weeker and he was in for around 6 weeks i want to say and even with that long of a stay he has never had any problems at all outside of a very slight delay in gross motor skills. He never needed therapy for it. Preemie medicine is pretty miraculous these days!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:17 AM   #96
an_aurora
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13

We used to foster for a basset hound rescue! We cant be licenced with any other agency i dont think. Is it typical to be able to cross license?
No not typical but the state is very flexible about placing kids outside of the agency; they also place outside the borough even though they say they don't I'm a nurse and they said they bend all kinds of rules to match medically fragile kids.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:52 AM   #97
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

yeah i'd imagine that there's never enough of those homes.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #98
millermyer2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We got a call yesterday to set up our 6 month monitoring visit. Hard to believe we have been doing this that long and only had one call. The way they talked when we were going through training i thought we would be turning them down soon left and right. It is a little frustrating but it is exciting to keep up with everyone on DS that are getting placements and chosen to be forever families. Congrats to everyone.