Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #651
March
Registered Users
seller

Big hugs, Dani. I know what a not-so-ideal birth is like; sometimes it's so out of our control. I'm so happy for you that you will make it to 37 weeks (I mean, even if it has to be today or tomorrow, you are basically there; mine were born at 38+5 and I always say 39 ) and will be holding your healthy babies so soon!!

Advertisement

March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #652
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38

I know this is not the way you wanted this birth to go, but I hope that everything goes okay and you're holding all your girls soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by March
Big hugs, Dani. I know what a not-so-ideal birth is like; sometimes it's so out of our control. I'm so happy for you that you will make it to 37 weeks (I mean, even if it has to be today or tomorrow, you are basically there; mine were born at 38+5 and I always say 39 ) and will be holding your healthy babies so soon!!
Thanks ladies!
I'm at peace with it really. I know they'll be ok even if I have to have a cesarean. It won't be the end of the world. I'm just rushing now getting everything ready and prepping last minute diapers.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #653
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

Dani - I hope all goes well, how exciting!! 37 weeks is great! It's wonderful that you made it that far, and that you will have peace of mind knowing when they are coming! (I totally dread spontaneous anything when it comes to kids).
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #654
March
Registered Users
seller

How is GEMQEMCABOOSE?? Anybody heard from her??

Dani, tomorrowwwwwww you will meet your babies!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #655
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm here, I'm just a terrible lurker .
31w5d. Had appointment and U/S on Monday. OB is beyond thrilled with what she terms "my perfect twin pregnancy": BP 112/60 and consistently in that range, Blood sugars have behaved nearly perfectly, especially fasting, no weight gain (I had plenty to redistribute to the babies ), babies are both head down, face down and measuring 3.11 and 3.9 which is 50% percentile. Thrilled we are in great positions for vaginal delivery. No contrax or braxton hicks and cervix hasn't changed at all.

So, according to the OB things couldn't be better. But, for this incubator, the SPD and excrutiating pubic bone pain is getting a little old . My area just hurts and even walking can be awkward at best, nearly impossible at worst. And I had a cold. And, when my colostrum started coming in, some hideous abscess formed on the bottom of one of my breasts which is suspected to be MRSA and requires some intense antibiotics that make me very uncomfortable for the babies in utero and nervous for breastfeeding these precious blessings upon their arrival.

I'm so thankful I am able to live as normally as possible and the babies are safely still cooking and happy in their aquatic nests. Since we have had so many ultrasounds (monthly at our OB which is standard for all her twin patients), these babies feel so much more personal and real to me than my other pregnancies KWIM? They are boy/girl with each very similar in attitude and activity to a different one of my "big" children. So its like these little tiny people are ones I've already met and very unique and real already. So excited to meet them in God's perfect timing. This twin pregnancy has been so exhausting and a lot painful here in the last couple weeks, but what an amazing opportunity and blessing to have had. So different from singleton pregnancies.

Praying for healing in my pubic bones and this breast infection. Praying for grace, patience and favor in breastfeeding twins tandem. Believing for a wonderful vaginal delivery as my singletons have been.

Funny story: Last night at our back - to - school parents meeting, we got released from the classroom to the auditorium late so all the aisle seats are taken, with lots of single seats scattered all over the middle of the rows. So DH and I grabbed a spot on the hard bleachers instead of the comfy padded chairs since the headmaster was taking the stage and we didn't see easy access seats together anywhere. DH was all "your woohoo isn't gonna like this". He took it upon himself to approach a lone man sitting on the end of the back row and asked him if he could scoot over a couple chairs so the super pregnant wife could sit on the end seat. Great. Meeting over. Stand up and turn to thank the nice man who surrendered his seat for my aching pubic region. Lo and behold, its Scott Reeves!!! I've only had an on-screen crush on him for like 20+ years since he was on Young and the Restless and even now with all his family, Christian and Hallmark type movies that get replayed on cable. He's just so gorgeous and such a nice guy.

So that's my celebrity run-in story for the week: Hunk ousted from his seat but a fabulous husband eagerly protecting his wife's lady bits presently being terrorized by twin darlings.
Somehow, its not quite how I'd have pictured this to go...
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.

Last edited by GEMQEMCABOOSE; 08-07-2013 at 12:31 PM.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #656
March
Registered Users
seller

^ Haha!! This update is spectacular!! I will pray for your woohoo and boobie pain. I have not forgotten the trials of carrying two!

I also felt like I knew my babies from ultrasound and in utero, and they are exactly who I already knew they were. Feisty, emotional Mathilda always has relied so heavily on bigger, stoic, sweet Betsy. Mathilda is my Baby A who turned breech to get her head by her sister's, and she has been my mover all along. She started rolling a full month earlier than Betsy--it looked like it was so she could roll to get closer to her.

This postpartum has been horrible in so many ways, I won't lie. But there are some incredible blessings built into having twins. Just incredible.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #657
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Laura, do you mind to share about your postpartum experience? I do wonder about this with twins also.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #658
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMQEMCABOOSE
Laura, do you mind to share about your postpartum experience? I do wonder about this with twins also.
I'll PM you.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #659
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by March
^ Haha!! This update is spectacular!!

This postpartum has been horrible in so many ways, I won't lie. But there are some incredible blessings built into having twins. Just incredible.
Yes to all the above!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #660
greek4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a couple of "is it normal questions." In the past couple weeks I've had episodes where I feel like my breath catches all the sudden and I have to stop to get my breathing back to normal again. normal? TMI, I have a lot more wetness down below, so much that I have to wear panty liners and change them a few times a day. Normal? I'm only 25 weeks and I am already waddling. Normal?